Sonic Electronix

hey guys i just went to a local shop for the first time, and they have brand new DD sub lines etc in now, im REALLY thinking of getting a DD 1508 or 1510 and a Orion 1200monoblock, they are giving me a pretty sweet deal, i'd get the subs ( In the DD factory box ) and the amp for less then 500$ and i have the wiring etc, and i hear you can hit 140+ Db with these little suckers on burps? lol i have my 15's in my truck so thinking of making a burp box for my daily driver car :D

basically im asking what do you guys think, would i be impressed with this DD 1508/1510? or would i be wasting my time, never heard a DD sub in my life

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

1508s are kinda awesome. If you have the money laying around, why not? If I had the money, I'd do it.

Dunno if its a deal or not since its been a while since I've priced 1508s, but yeah...

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

yeah well my car has a kenwood crap amp, and 2 10" JBL's in a bandpass box that came with it when i bought it.. i could get like 200$ for them and honestly i think the DD1508 would be louder then the crap jbl's i got haha not to mention if i burp it and people will be surprised its an 8 haha but i haven't heard them, the shop showed me a DD 9510 on there little display in side, and WOW. lol

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Bushwacker fender flares

There is more to Getting numbers than just buying equipment...

If you have the money for it and want it, I'd say get it. I've been eyeing one at my local shop as well.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

well ofcourse its more then buying equipment, but i heard the shops " clarion demo car " and it burped me a 149db on 9 10'' clarions lol, surprised the shit out of me and now im really wanting to make something for burping ya know? i dont wanna remake a box for my re sx's so ill leave those alone, but i might try this little 8 out

Bushwacker fender flares

I would rather be loud playing music for an extended time rather than play sine waves for short periods of time.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

U will not be happy with a burp box as ur daily driver build both a daily box and a burp box and swap em out if ur going to a competition if u have no plan of competing there is no reason to have a burp box also burp boxes are usually on the smaller side while using a large amount of power

www.wooferwarehouse.com

well in my daily driver its just to work and back, normally i listen to the radio cause personally i like the radio around here, but i do intend on competing, im entering my truck next month in a local show even though ill be in the " extreme class " or whatever he called it, competing with someone that has 6 dd 9510s LOL, but i just wanna switch it up and try stuff out, i would keep the factory DD 1508 box for music, and build a small burp box with a nice aero port extendng out of the box, they had a box there with a DD 6.5 sub and it hit harder then my jbls hahaha

Bushwacker fender flares

You can always build the box and change ports for comps and daily, i would do something like 1.2 cubic feet and single 4" aeroport with a low tuning for daily and higher tuning for comps :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/