• 2 weeks later...

I have got just about everything worked out and ready to go back on a dyno, just have to track down what is killing the battery overnight. I thought I found it and isolated the component with a relay but it was dead a couple days later so back to checking everything again. I hope it is just something like the rear AC module not shuting down or something simple like that because it is only pulling about 3amps after the PCM shuts off. Maybe something isn't getting a good ground and keeps waking up, I have some time this weekend to start diagnostics again so maybe some good news next week.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I have got just about everything worked out and ready to go back on a dyno, just have to track down what is killing the battery overnight. I thought I found it and isolated the component with a relay but it was dead a couple days later so back to checking everything again. I hope it is just something like the rear AC module not shuting down or something simple like that because it is only pulling about 3amps after the PCM shuts off. Maybe something isn't getting a good ground and keeps waking up, I have some time this weekend to start diagnostics again so maybe some good news next week.

hope you find it i love following this build and as a request can we get a video of the dyno :)

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Got a little more done yesterday, used my amp meter to try to track down my power draw. Pulled off the neg battery terminal and put it inline, read a consistant 2.33 amp draw. Pulled every fuse and unplugged everything I coud think of and never found the current draw. I even pulled the ECM to see if it was keeping something on and it dropped to 2 amps. This is getting to me, I even pulled the starter thinking it may have a minor internal short and since it is hooked directly to the battery but it didn't help.

I will take another go at it next week and maybe find it then. After being frustrated with this power draw I decided to install the new TB that I have sitting in the garage. Here are some pics of it mounted ready to go.

2013-01-19_17-29-31_293.jpg

2013-01-19_17-29-43_970.jpg

More to come next week hopefully.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

oh great now i have to change myself after that throttle body :(:P

is your battery dirty that can cause a parasitic load easy fix with some baking soda , water, and something to scrub with

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

They battery may be bad. My friend has an 82 LWB Silverado with a badass cammed 350 and a TH400, pain in the ass to crank over and get to start. Killed 3 batteries before he found out that the batteries were just going bad on him from the excessive load.

How much does your voltage drop after say, 2 hours resting? His truck would drop from 12.8 when we went into class to 10.1 when we got out of class 2 1/2 hours later.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

It takes 24hrs or so before it is down to 10v or less. I keep it on a XS Power charger in the garage when I'm not driving it to keep it topped off until I find the draw.

The battery isn't dirty, it is a new replacement cause I thought the old one was bad so I had Autozone warranty it.

Archived