got engine noise

dyablo409

this is a very easy way to fix this problem i havent seen a video of it just a couple of people say how to do it im more of a visual learner so for thoes noobs out there here it is

thanks for watching

Man . . . I WISH it was that easy! There are two conditions at which this fix would help:

1. You are installing a deck that has extremely high source output impedance (like above 2,000 Ohms), and you have multiple amplifiers connected to it. In some cases, grounding the shield of the RCA cable as shown in this video can reduce the noise.

2. Your deck's preamplifier has been damaged. For example, you didn't ground your amp properly and it was able to source a better ground through the shield of the RCA cable to the deck to the chassis (via the deck's ground wire or the antenna). This will burn up the ground traces in the preamplifier as they were not designed to handle that kind of current. This usually doesn't take very long either - like in the few minutes of jammin' you did with your newly connected system before you started the vehicle for the first time since you installed it. Most wouldn't even know this happened. The result is evil engine noise (about like what I heard in that video).

I have seen exactly this practiced when installing some of the Pioneer AVIC units. Not only do they have high source output impedance, but Pioneer added surface mounted fuses to protect the unit from #2 - because it is VERY common! Should you make such an installation error, the fix is to repair / replace the unit and to ground your amplifier(s) properly.

There are many ways that engine noise can enter a car audio system. Sometimes, it can be easily fixed. Other times, it can take hours or even days to resolve. In even others, you have product incompatibilities that can be resolved only by replacing one brand or model of unit with another.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Man . . . I WISH it was that easy! There are two conditions at which this fix would help:

1. You are installing a deck that has extremely high source output impedance (like above 2,000 Ohms), and you have multiple amplifiers connected to it. In some cases, grounding the shield of the RCA cable as shown in this video can reduce the noise.

2. Your deck's preamplifier has been damaged. For example, you didn't ground your amp properly and it was able to source a better ground through the shield of the RCA cable to the deck to the chassis (via the deck's ground wire or the antenna). This will burn up the ground traces in the preamplifier as they were not designed to handle that kind of current. This usually doesn't take very long either - like in the few minutes of jammin' you did with your newly connected system before you started the vehicle for the first time since you installed it. Most wouldn't even know this happened. The result is evil engine noise (about like what I heard in that video).

I have seen exactly this practiced when installing some of the Pioneer AVIC units. Not only do they have high source output impedance, but Pioneer added surface mounted fuses to protect the unit from #2 - because it is VERY common! Should you make such an installation error, the fix is to repair / replace the unit and to ground your amplifier(s) properly.

There are many ways that engine noise can enter a car audio system. Sometimes, it can be easily fixed. Other times, it can take hours or even days to resolve. In even others, you have product incompatibilities that can be resolved only by replacing one brand or model of unit with another.

well man i dont know half the stuff u just said im new at this but yea it did get the engine noise out but i have always had my amps grounded good so i wouldnt know what caused this to happend cuz i didnt always have my rca connected to the deck i had this little block that u put your deck speaker outputs to it and it converts it to rca output when i did connect it to the deck thats when i relized that it had that bad engine noise

• 11 months later...

I'll have to try this i have tis exact noise coming through my system, do you only need to do this to one of the rca's or both?

You can do one or all of them it really dosent matter

• 4 months later...

you have to do it to atleast one rca per channel off deck, if it has 3 sets of outputs, u do 3 rcas, thats what i had to do to my premire 680mp deck, worked great for 2yrs and when i hooked up a 3way xover it all went to hell lol, i got a bunch of rca "noise filters" and they did nothing, this did work tho

its ok to do all channels, but i wraped the wire around the metal sheath to not come in contact with center pin, u can also just wrap wire around the rca outer part on headunit and ground it to the screw on back of headunit, seems to easier to do

as snafu said, theres a few ways to fix this, but ya that has something to do with it, i forgot to hook up the ground wire to a amp one day and it would power on, n when got signal would shut off, was running off the ground in rca

im just glad my premire 860 dont do this

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived