Sundown Audio

How Would This Sound?

I am looking at making a Home Theater setup... I am thinking about 2 Fi Q 18's in a ported box.

My question is: How good would it sound good on the lows if it's underpowered. I don't want 2kw rms in my living room, for obvious reasons. So, would they hit the lows nice on 300 watts each? How about 500 watts each? I saw

and it seems to be very nice at 350 watts rms. So how would two sound with the powers mentioned above?

Please remember this is a HOME THEATER system. It is totally different from a car, so I don't need the same amount of wattage.

Usually we can't tell you how it would sound, but I can tell you. 2 10's, in a t-line, tuned in the low 20's, would sound awesome on 2-300 rms each.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Usually we can't tell you how it would sound, but I can tell you. 2 10's, in a t-line, tuned in the low 20's, would sound awesome on 2-300 rms each.

Cool, but I'm already sold on the 18's. I don't wanna deal with those stupid t-line boxes. I just want a simple ported box that is tuned low (18 hz im thinking right now) that will sound clean. So does anyone know how a Fi Q 18 performs when underpowered?

Why not get a Subwoofer designed mainly for Home Theater Use, this is less than half the price of the Q and has great reviews, also is rated for 300rms so will work great with the power you have

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-475

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

makes no sense to me

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

Why not get a Subwoofer designed mainly for Home Theater Use, this is less than half the price of the Q and has great reviews, also is rated for 300rms so will work great with the power you have

Because the sub you posted is a joke... Look at the magnet, and the cone is made from paper... So is the FI, but the FI is treated...

I hate how instead of answering my question people try to change my mind for me...

Because the sub you posted is a joke... Look at the magnet, and the cone is made from paper... So is the FI, but the FI is treated...

I hate how instead of answering my question people try to change my mind for me...

Size isn't everything, I am will to bet on the 300rms you plan on using the sub I posted will get lower and louder than the Fi, Why would you buy something that you never plan on powering properly. if you want to spend extra and not get the potential out of the sub be my guest, and about the paper cone, why does that matter from what I deducted from you post this isn't a patio system.

Edit: So after reading you post history I see you are 12, I suppose you are also that pro box builder that was on here as well, either way it's gonna quite a few years worth of grandma's christmas checks before you get one sub, so post back then

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

Size isn't everything, I am will to bet on the 300rms you plan on using the sub I posted will get lower and louder than the Fi, Why would you buy something that you never plan on powering properly. if you want to spend extra and not get the potential out of the sub be my guest, and about the paper cone, why does that matter from what I deducted from you post this isn't a patio system.

Edit: So after reading you post history I see you are 12, I suppose you are also that pro box builder that was on here as well, either way it's gonna quite a few years worth of grandma's christmas checks before you get one sub, so post back then

Dude, please don't be a faggot. Honestly, why do people play the age card. It just makes you look like a little fuck. And just so you know, both my grandma's are fucking dead! Happy?!

My parents came to me and asked me to build a home theater system for the movie room in the new house... So fuck off, and don't be a faggot who uses the age card...

Dude, please don't be a faggot. Honestly, why do people play the age card. It just makes you look like a little fuck. And just so you know, both my grandma's are fucking dead! Happy?!

My parents came to me and asked me to build a home theater system for the movie room in the new house... So fuck off, and don't be a faggot who uses the age card...

u-mad-bro_design.png

and fyi, basically everyones grandparents are dead (that are on this forum), thats life and you deal with it, you dont flame over the internet,

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Woot you proved you have a small vocabulary and act like a 12 year old, I gave you a reason behind my choice but you seem to only be interested in subwoofers with the biggest magnet rather than what would work well for the power and application presented.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ