What do I need to install this?

crutchfield is the best place for research and one of the worst to buy from.

They do have good service, but they are a little pricey

Their prices are actually not too bad.....

They are more then these other online companies that slang product, but that's because EVERYTHING Crutchfield sells they are an Authorized Dealer for. But this means nothing to most people when they want cut throat pricing and care nothing about when they have an issue with a product down the road and your 30 day warranty from said company is done for, and the company says screw you because you didn't buy from an authorized dealers.

Also when you buy a head unit from Crutchfield, it includes any needed Dash Kit, and Wiring harness.

If you buy speakers, they include speaker plugs to plug into your oem system so you don't have to cut factory wires.

Free installation instructions step by step, pic by pic, for your vehicle.

Not to mention things like their tech support offered 7 days a week.

I dont see any other company doing this, or even doing this for free.

Sorry Bship, but you picked the wrong company to dog.

Depending upon the HU you choose, you can buy the same product from Amazon, with warranty, for less than you can at Crutchfield. I don't begrudge Crutchfield their profits. They provide a unique service with the "Outfit My Car" feature, and I'm sure that costs money to develop and maintain. But the fact is Crutchfield's prices are normally higher than other authorized retailers.

That said, Crutchfield can offer some amazing deals. You just have to shop around.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Crutchfields pricing is MAP pricing, not MSRP, Ive noticed this along time ago from working in a shop, knowing what dealer cost is on products as well as the map, and msrp prices, and over time searching for product we are dealers of and checking online prices. Just to work with a customer and give him any price break we can to make the sale without pissing off our products companies and distributors.

Most companies selling products under Minimum advertised Price, are not going to be an Authorized dealer, because by most companies contracts you sign to become a dealer selling below MAP is terms for cancellation.

Just because an online retailer says they are an authorized dealer dont make them an authorized dealer....

But yes Amazon is sooooooo much cheaper...

Pioneer AVH-P4300dvd:

Amazon price $495.00 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P4300DVD-Double-DIN-Receiver-Control/dp/tech-data/B004HW6F7Y

and Amazon offers nothing but free shipping...

Crutchfield price $499.99 Free Shipping

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QS1krS1so6E/p_130AVHP43/Pioneer-AVH-P4300DVD.html

So Crutchfield is a whole $5.00 more expensive

However your getting a free:

Wiring harness that sells for $7-$20.

Also heavily discounted adapters(sometimes even free) if you are working on a newer dodge or something with canbus and you need an expensive harnesss.

Dash Kit that usually sells for $10-$40.

Free vehicle spec sheet with step by step instructions including pictures (sure you think your this great installer.... But there are some very tricky cars out there that are a pita to change a radio, any lil bit can help educate you before you break a panel or some plastic clip).

Also the 7days a week free technical support.

But yes, Fuck the legit autorized online detailers, fuck the mom and pop shops that are open to you and can fix something asap if your too dumb to fix it yourself, or are there if you need a piece of wire you forgot to order, or the competitions that they host... we dont need any of that..

All we care about is saving $5.00...

If I was Crutchfield, Id almost make their "outfit my car" database only for paying customers and tell everyone else to screw off. Kind of how directechs is, however for that you need to work for a shop and be a dealer to access their vehicle databases. But damn they came in handy so many times wiring remote starts, alarms, and finding locations for factory amps, and what each electrical wire is inside the car.

Edited by Audiofanaticz

I dont have to relax, freedom of speech, so if it pisses you off that much, ill just rant some more! :popcorn:

I cant stand some nobody's that dog a company because the site sells product for $5.00 more.

I work part time at a shop, due to people shopping at online sellers because of the lowest price.

We even have people come into our shop and tried to warranty alpine, mtx, pioneer, rf, and so much more because their product broke or they hooked it up wrong and cant get no customer service from these cheaply priced sites, or the company itself.

I dont have to relax, freedom of speech, so if it pisses you off that much, ill just rant some more! :popcorn:

Freedom of speech only protects you from the government. So that's a pointless argument.

I cant stand some nobody's that dog a company because the site sells product for $5.00 more.

I didn't "dog" Crutchfield. Fact of the matter is, when I look for HUs, Amazon and other authorized retailers have the product for cheaper. Even after buying accessories. You may have shit tons of money to spend pointlessly. I don't. I maximize my dollar.

I work part time at a shop, due to people shopping at online sellers because of the lowest price.

Your point? If most shops presented something of value, I'd shop there. But every shop I've been to has had prices set ridiculously high. $140 for a 4 gauge wiring kit? Really? I'm all for profiting, but with setting those kinds of prices comes people shopping around. It's called supply and demand and competitive advantage. Again, I don't have endless pools of cash. If I can get the same or a comparable product for less, you're damn straight I'll buy at the cheapest place. It's the same reason I don't feel bad for the music industry.

We even have people come into our shop and tried to warranty alpine, mtx, pioneer, rf, and so much more because their product broke or they hooked it up wrong and cant get no customer service from these cheaply priced sites, or the company itself.

And your point here is... That's what the shop is there for, isn't it?

fuck the mom and pop shops that are open to you and can fix something asap if your too dumb to fix it yourself

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert