Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

are these subs all wired to 1 ohm?

I believe within the first 2 mintues he says all subs are D2 wired to 1 ohm.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

damn. that would make the single 4 ohm tang band at a serious disadvantage

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Funny comments on this topic, if you guys want other subs on that test, you should send yours, Ric took the time and effort to get this test done for us, you think he´s gonna look for other subs to do this? get the subs yourself and send them to him, or maybe you could do a test like this yourselves, just saying!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

time for AA and meade to make a SMD 8" :) could you imagine a miniature 18" SMD :D

I would love to see this!!!

Ok to answer a few questions...

amp is a Powerbass asa1500.1 that is 4 years old and has been whored around to five different owners. hahaha and I've owned it twice!!!

ok... it's a strong amp... but we clamped it in the music box with power at 712 watts.

in the spl box with box rise clamped it was doing 858 watts.

the power strayed slightly from model to model but staying very close to those numbers.

as far as the DC getting smelly... I wouldn't rate that to anything other than power handling. this setup was tuned with the SMD DD1 and is clear as a bell... for some reason on the spl test with the DC it was playing fine then made a smell.. but this sub is only rated at 400 watts so double its power handling is not bad for a sub. It held the power pretty well... got a bit stinky there at the end, but it didn't fail and the coils are fine.

I personally believe all of these subs are great subs. With the DC holding up at double it's power rating and posting very respectable numbers I'd say its a great sub on lower power ranges and will give you great performance. The Digital Designs is the hands down performer in the category in both the music box and the spl testing. Not one time was there a hint of smell, and I'm sure this sub will take quite a bit more power... You can't go wrong with this sub. The Sundown though I honestly have to say is probably the best value. This sub performed outstanding. I have dropped this sub in and given it quite a bit of abuse by putting it in my girlfriend's truck and it is still posting the same numbers as it did out of the box. This sub has been the sub that has stayed in there for daily since the first testing b/c she loves the way it sounds. I agree.. it hammers like hell, but it sounds great while doing it. And priced (MSRP) at 100.00 less than the DD it wins in the value department. A great sub.

I'm glad I got the chance to test these.

id love to send in one of mine for the sake of science but like i said its a single 4 ohm and would be severely handicapped

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Too bad i´m far from the US, i could get him a Cadence CVL and a American bass also :(

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived