I'm 17, driving on the freeway on the way to bible study. A cargo van cuts me off, I flash him, and let off the gas and coast to keep a good following distance. As I am doing this, he jams on his brakes, HARD - and so do I. Fortunately, he was able to stop and avoid whatever situation happened ahead, and I avoided running into him. The guy behind me, however, did not. As I was slowing down, I see him coming up in my rear view and feel a tap on my car - similar in both sound and feel to someone closing the trunk. We both pull off to the side of the road, exchange information, and inspect vehicles.

Here is why I am thankful: I know that cars traveling down the freeway carry enormous, deadly amounts of kinetic energy. I also know that rear endings can be pretty bad (My friend's Cherokee got rear ended recently, totaling it and forcing my friend to stay in bed for 2 days since he couldn't walk). When I got out and looked at the back of my car (2010 jeep wrangler sport, 4 door) I saw only a smudge in the tire black on my spare tire where his car contacted mine. Both me and him are totally OK(SUPER good since his car was made before crumple zones and crash safety was a huge concern) as are the cars (except for his front Honda emblem which fell off).

In the other driver's defense, he wasn't tailgating, nor did he try to run off or anything afterwards, and he was very polite. The fact of the matter is, a newer jeep just stops quite a bit quicker than his older civic. I view it as an accident, and just that. Not negligent driving.

I am so glad no one and nothing got hurt in this. Folks, please drive safe. It's a jungle out there.

thank god. same thing happen to me couple months ago where a guy rear bump me. his front bumper just got like a 5 in dia. dint, but my rear had no scratch from the accident thanks to my hitch which sticks out 2-3 inches from the rear bumper itself. lol

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Good to hear your ok! And yes drive safe, better late than never

What do you mean by better late than never?

17? Bible study? Saturday???????

So confusing...at least you're not hurt man.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Your system is okay right?

Just playing

I'm glad your ok!

LOL, I wish... It's bone stock. It's my parent's car, so I can't really do anything do it. w/e, I am thankful I have a car to drive, and even more so that it is essentially a new car (7800 miles), so I'm not complaining.

'My' system is in my friends car =P