Sundown Audio

Need Help?? Noob

You don't really need a 300 amp fuse for an aq1200, I'd put a 200 amp fuse at the batt (in case you short out somewhere you don't start your car on fire) and a 150 amp 1ft before the amp just to protect the amp from any crazy things that would happen. Maybe overkill but better safe than sorry

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Well actually im sticking with the dc 1.2k so i will probabaly do a 200amp fuse and a 150 or so by the amp should that be fine and do i need another one since im going to have a second battery and if so what size? only runnin one run of 0 gauge from the front battery to the back one

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

10"DC Lvl 3 with Lvl 4 coil...

15" DC Lvl 4

JVC Arsenal 3-way Component set

You need to fuse in between batteries... Well I guess you don't "need" them but it is a safer route. The fuse is ment to pop if your cable shorts out somewhere in the line... For example I know a girl whose truck started on fire because some genious ran her amps power wire through the door where it was getting opened and closed every single day, on day it finally pinched through the cables jacket and shorted out, it ended up starting her truck on fire!... Had this girl had a fuse it would have just popped causing the power cable to loose all power and it would not have started a fire, it would have just been a dead piece of cable... So with that being said I'd fuse 1ft away from each batteries possitive terminal! 200 amp fuses will be plenty on the dc 1.2k (but just in case look it up in the "wire and fuse guide" in the electrical secction here on the forum.

I know it seems like overkill, an you don't have to fuse that much! But for your first time I definatly would! Just extra protection

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

So i was going to upgrade the fuse upfront to a 200 amp fuse do i need one by the amp or a bigger fuse? and then get a 200 amp fuse for the wire going to the back battery do i need to fuse it up front by the battery and in back by the rear battery on the wire going to the positive terminals?

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

15" DC Lvl 4

i only need two fuses right? one under the hood going from main battery to the amp and on the wire going from front battery to back battery?

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

15" DC Lvl 4

Or how about if i was to get a seperate battery just for the amp and have the front battery running the car and the back one on the amp how would i do that???

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

15" DC Lvl 4

My vote? Get the 1.2k and a volt meter. Install both. *Give amplifier a good, solid ground.* Set volt meter with known good DMM. *PROPERLY set your gains.* Monitor voltage. IF voltage drops too much, install second battery.

Maybe its just because I've seen a bunch of 14k and 15k builds on here, but I don't really think 1.2k is a large build. I'm running that right now, and while I probably have a larger alternator than you do, I probably also have more accessory draw than you from the factory.

I have no voltage drop unless I start clipping.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert