Second Skin Audio

How Is The SQ on These Subs?

Isn't that the site selling that Boss sub for $2,700 lol?

Oh shit, it is. With those reviews tho, I have to think it was an issue. Maybe someone didn't know that it adds the .00 on the end, and typed 2700 for $27.00, but the site code added two 0's, making it 2700.00?

Jesus! You people confuse me. How would two of THESE sound wired up? He was running 2 MTX 5500? I think it was, and they were nice for him, but they weren't loud enough. He did like the SQ the offered however. So the 9500's would fix the volume issues, right?

Why not just get another pair of 5500's and run 4 of them? I had 4 Kicker 10's (squares, two l7 and two l5) in a sealed box under the rear seat of my chevy 2500 and it sounded quite nice.

This is how I installed them, though the box was slightly too tall. If I had tilted the face more and installed the subs inverted it would have allowed the seat to come down all the way properly, not that it mattered really.

0810091958.jpg

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

4th order bandpass box, built with the specs of the car and the specs of the sub in mind. 4th orders if built with the intention to do so, can have a really flat response. Flat response plays a big role in how a sub sounds. If it plays flat from 30 hertz to 60 hertz, its going to be very musical.

You need to see how much space you have under that seat before you make any sub choices also all this talk about sq and you haven't mentioned what mids and highs you want to use what kind of deck your goin to use are you goin to use a sound processor of any sort and what kind of amps are you lookin at sounds more like your lookin for a musical sub that can get loud all your choices you have there will do the job just your choice

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

You seem stuck on the 9512. So get it. The site seems legit enough.

But considering the fact I can get a Fi Q for almost half the price, and a 12w7 for $100 more, I know what I would buy.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

You seem stuck on the 9512. So get it. The site seems legit enough.

But considering the fact I can get a Fi Q for almost half the price, and a 12w7 for $100 more, I know what I would buy.

Well my brother's first system was 2 MTX 12's in a prefab box, and I think they were 5500's, and he loved it, which shows the potential of their brand. The 5500's are the bottom of the line, and they were in a prefab box, which everyone knows sucks. So the top of the line (9500) in a well made custom box should blow his mind.

Archived