XS Power

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and live in South Africa, I need help and advise, I have the above mentioned battery and it's powering my DD Z1a. I have four runs of 0/1 cable per terminal from the XS Power battery, this battery is the second battery in my vehicle but my primary battery is a 12v. I drive a corsa B (vauxhal). The battery isn't powering the amp efficiently do i need to get another 14v or do i do split charging?

you need to get an alternator that can charge your d1400 at the correct rate, otherwise your battery is only charging at about 2 volts lower than it should... i needs to be around 15 to 16.5 volts but it also you need to check specs on the amp if it can handle 15 to 16 volts there are alot of scenarios.. the d1400 is a 14 v battery, you should have gone with the d1200

Somehow my post didnt work...

Take the battery out. You cant mix 14V batteries and a 12v charging system. You need an alt capable of charging at 16.4V+ to keep from fucking up that battery. Which also means you cant have the 12v battery in the system as well. So you either run nothing but 12v batteries, nothing but 14v batteries+ alt that can charge them correctly, or a separate 12v/14v system, which you would need a dual alt bracket with one battery capable of charging at 16.4+ and one that can charge your 12v battery up front.

Not researching before just doing is how people burn down their cars and start fires and shit. Electrical is not something to take lightly.

Edit:

The system deleted my 1000th post. WHAT THE FAWK.

:ban2:

Edited by tonedeaf

:Doh: 12v and 14v don't mix...

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

its not goin to wrk like other post said you cant mix voltages 14v requires 16.4-8 to charge properly that will blow up your 12v batt

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

As has been said. The D1400 needs to be seeing 16V + of charge voltage. Optimal charge voltage is 16.8V. If you are running it off of your 12V alternator, then the battery is basically running as a 12V battery and needs to be charged up properly as soon as you can.

You can check with Mechman and see if their adjustable regulator will work with your alternator to charge properly for the 14V system.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Aside from what everyone's already said, you will also need more than a single D1400 (if you decide to do all that's required to charge it properly) to run that Z1a...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.