Toylocost's 99 4runner install.

Beautiful... jus beautiful...

lol you make a good point... lighter car... more hp... i jus hate the aesthetics of the MRS... lol jus me i guess...

wow 300whp MKII? well ill PM you about that...

i agree NA > turbo...

sorry form straying off topic... lol... so anyways... so whats your budget/plans for your system?

trying to keep it daily?

i wish i had a 4 runner... im haveing a hard time designing a box for a pair of 18s in a cab of a T100... =/

That dont have to look bad you just have to get creative...

2227783339_0586188475_o.jpg

92447029.jpg

Plans for my system? Check post number 1. Budget is whatever it takes to make the plan happen.

I can see how 2 18s in a small extra cab could be a problem.

I really like the amp placement, I may have missed it but are u leaving the cubby cover off or are u going to do something with it?

Cover will go back on I just have to shave down the latch a bit more. It doesnt touch right now but I'm afraid it will when the subs do some work.

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

i like the lil amp rack cant wait to see the finished product...

Thank you.

OK so, change of plans... I didnt like how the AQ4x90 was fitting under the driver's seat and a friend was selling his PDX so I picked that up and now the 4x90 is for sale. PM me if yous interested :)

New amp, alot smaller...

DSCF2337Large.jpg

DSCF2338Large.jpg

DSCF2339Large.jpg

Also got the fiberglass filler cup in and fitted now all I have to do is sand it down and paint it...

DSCF2327Large.jpg

DSCF2326Large.jpg

There is an amp inside there! But you're not supposed to know that...

DSCF2328Large.jpg

I hat to grind down one of the latches on the cover so that it didnt hit the amp. Hopefully thats all I have to do...

DSCF2341Large.jpg

Original...

DSCF2342Large.jpg

Cut down...

DSCF2343Large.jpg

And I made a box for a buddy with a '54 Chevy a few weeks ago and he brought I by so I could hear it and see the finished product, I like the way it turned out and thought you guys might like a couple pics...

DSCF2329Large.jpg

DSCF2334Large.jpg

DSCF2336Large.jpg

• 5 months later...

OK so it's been a while! Been doing a lot of other things. I wanted to update you guys with the truck. Not a lot has happened but we are moving along. This is the setup I have had in there for a temporary thing. It's Sony xplod 12 that was found on the side of the road by one of my friends and has been in 4 different people's cars since. It's has taken quite a beating and been a champ about it.

DSCF2673.jpg

Now that is probably going into someone else's car because I got these in the mail! A paid of Sundown E-8 v.2s for only $90 shipped. They will be temporary until Sundown releases their new SA-8 V.2s. So I will try to get a box built this weekend and get some pics for you guys.

DSCF2677.jpg

Ok so today was a mad rush to get this box done. I just HAD to have it done tonight. I haven't glued or sealed it at all and I can hear the leaks but it doesn't matter because I am going to take it apart and do it correctly in the next few days.

Here it is with the first fit test. They are a little loose but I had to make the hole slightly bigger so that the SA-8 V.2s will fit. Although i will be having a PWK box designed for those when they get here.

DSCF2679.jpg

DSCF2682.jpg

DSCF2684.jpg

They are ready to be dropped in...

DSCF2685.jpg

And the whole thing is ready to go in the truck...

DSCF2687.jpg

In there and playing...

DSCF2689.jpg

Just having listened to it for a couple minutes I can tell that they can do more than the 12 that was in there. The 12 was on 240w @ 4ohm and the 8s are on 360w @ 2ohm. I LOVE how small the box is. I can still put the seats down and lay big things across the top of the box without having to worry about pulling it out.

Thanks. I'm working on getting a couple clips, it might be a little while till I get everything edited together though.

Box is finished...

DSCF2717.jpg

I like the sound alot more than the 12. Much tighter and faster. Not to discredit the Sony at all though its great for what it is and all the problems I ever had with it could have been solved by a proper enclosure.

Loving the 8s though, nobody expects that's what's in there.

• 4 weeks later...

wow dude that came out nice another 4Runner FTW!

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

Archived