Jump to content

Toylocost's 99 4runner install.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Made a video for these speakers. Please excuse my awkwarness in front of the camera...

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

Posted

Couple things, I didn't see the dimensions of the box and what's it tuned to? Are you planning on swapping them out with the V2's or are you going to build a bigger box for the V2's?

Sorry clarification. I'm thinking of using the v2's in a new build of mine and that's why I'm asking. Thanks!

Posted

Like I said in the video the SA-8 V.2s will be getting a PWK box. I will never build another generic ported box unless it's just a quick/cheap thing. PWK is the way to go.

I don't remember the dimensions. I know it was recommended at about .6 cubes and that's what I built to. IIRC ~35hz.

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

SA-8 V.2s...... MMMMMMMmmmmmMMM.....

1536SmallEdit.jpg

1556SmallEdit.jpg

1557SmallEdit.jpg

1571SmallEdit.jpg

Went down over 100 watts from the E-8s due to the impedance change, and they are STILL louder and lower and stiff as hell.

Also submitted a Project Assessment Form on the PWK website so I will be having a new box design in a couple months. Then I need to get off my ass and do the Big 3 and wire up the 1200D. Should be fun!

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

nice install dude

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

  • 3 months later...
Posted

New stuff!

IMG_3117.jpg

06.png

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7903 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...