XS Power

Smallest Secondary Batt for 4400wrms?

ok in my 2007 tahoe i have one AQ HDC3 18" on one AQ2200D @ 1 ohm

now i may be picking up a second 18" cheap and then will run two AQ2200Ds strapped @ 2 ohms,

for that setup i will be doing a dual alt setup, and leaving the the stock alt to run just the truck, and a secondary mechman/dc power alt (ATLEAST a 270+amp unit), and one XS power D3400 up front, big three in all 1/0, and atleast 2-4 runs of 1/0. whats the smallest secondary single battery that will support those two AQ2200Ds in that setup with very little voltage drop? :drinks:

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

With very little voltage drop? Hmm. Maybe just another xs3400. I'm sure that would be enough, but it wouldn't hurt. Will both Alts be charging and running the system, or will you have two charging systems?

two seperate charging systems, stock 160 amp alt will run ONLY the truck and factory electronics, then i will have one 270+amp alt running just the system, witch will be two AQ2200Ds most likely , and possible a 4 channel

Why are you separating your alts and running two 12V systems? If you are going to do that, then why not get an adjustable voltage alternator for your secondary alt and run 14V or 16V to that system? Not trying to cause any issues, but that just doesn't make a lot of sense to run two separate 12V systems.

If you just want 12V then I would suggest running both alts to the front battery and then power from front battery to the back. Then you would have both alts to cover the amperage draw from the amps. If you were doing this I would suggest a D3100 in the back if you want to see very little drop.

If you are going to run two separate 12V systems, then I would suggest running a couple D3100 in the back if you want to see little voltage drop.

What I would really suggest is running the stock alt for your 12v and then the secondary alt (being adjustable) running 16V. The AQ2200d is rated at 2500 X 1 at 1ohm running at 16V. You would see a huge increase in power and a very noticeable audible difference. On this set up would suggest 4 of the XP1000 batteries.

Again not trying to say anything bad, but just give you some options that most people would kill to have. It is your system, so make sure and do what is going to make you happy.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Nathan, he's got the new version of the Tahoe where it keeps the voltage at like 12v while he's driving so he wants a second one so that it's not affected by the car's voltage regulator thing I'm pretty sure

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

i have thought about a secondary 16V system for the system, with two AQ2200Ds strapped @ 2 ohms charging at 18-18.5V, they could produce up to 5k,

you are right though if im running seperate charging systems, might as well the the most out of it :drink40:

Whats the diffrence between the XP1000 batts and the XS D1600?

i have thought about a secondary 16V system for the system, with two AQ2200Ds strapped @ 2 ohms charging at 18-18.5V, they could produce up to 5k,

you are right though if im running seperate charging systems, might as well the the most out of it :drink40:

Whats the diffrence between the XP1000 batts and the XS D1600?

The difference is the xp1000 is alittle cheaper. Has the same output as the D1600 but has a thinner casing. If there mounted inside the vehicle I would run the XP1000 and save some money