Second Skin Audio

System decision help!

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which setup

• DC LVL 4 12 on DC 1.2k
    • Sundown SA 12 on SAZ-1500 w/adding a second shortly after
    • Sundown "X" 12 on ????

mhm. I have heard a couple 15's before but they were 3 Alpine type R's in T-Line boxes. They sounded good but didn't hear them with rock. What would be the benefit of running 1 15 appose to 2 12's?

IDK. I'm almost leaning towards the lvl 4 and 1.2k. Then if I do want more power I can just double up and strap the 1.2k's. Although now IDK if i want to stick with a 12 that i know i like or try something new and get a 15. lol. I may be going to a show this weekend so maybe I will try and listen to many. :drink40::clapping:

IDK. I'm almost leaning towards the lvl 4 and 1.2k. Then if I do want more power I can just double up and strap the 1.2k's. Although now IDK if i want to stick with a 12 that i know i like or try something new and get a 15. lol. I may be going to a show this weekend so maybe I will try and listen to many. :drink40::clapping:

When you say "double up" I'm assuming you mean buying another amplifier and another subwoofer?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

The SA option has more cone area, motor force, and more power, and still leaves room for a power upgrade...

The Sundown X would be killer, but won't know when they are released.

Instead of two 12s, have you considered a single 15?

Kinda, but I play allot of rock too and have never really heard a 15 play rock. I'm sure it can but how well would it do so?

The size dont matter really... its about crossovers and tuning

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

The SA option has more cone area, motor force, and more power, and still leaves room for a power upgrade...

The Sundown X would be killer, but won't know when they are released.

Instead of two 12s, have you considered a single 15?

Kinda, but I play allot of rock too and have never really heard a 15 play rock. I'm sure it can but how well would it do so?

The size dont matter really... its about crossovers and tuning

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

When you say "double up" I'm assuming you mean buying another amplifier and another subwoofer?

Ya add another lvl 4 and 1.2k in the future, If i did decide to go bigger.

I think a single XL 15 or Lv 5 15 would be killer, but that's the DC fanboy in me. For a single 15 setup I'd look into the

DD3515

DC XL or Lv 5 15

IA DP15

FI BTL N2 15

Sundown NS v2 or v3 when it's released

AA Mayhem

Just to name a few, I'm not sure which will fit your budget :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I think a single XL 15 or Lv 5 15 would be killer, but that's the DC fanboy in me. For a single 15 setup I'd look into the

DD3515

DC XL or Lv 5 15

IA DP15

FI BTL N2 15

Sundown NS v2 or v3 when it's released

AA Mayhem

Just to name a few, I'm not sure which will fit your budget :P

I (obviously) have no experience with either of them, but IIRC, DC-Derrick (who does) believes the XLs to be more musical than the lvl 5.

At least I think that's who said that. Now I'm doubting myself. But I know someone on here has said that.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert