Oh I know, and I'm such a perfectionist, if I couldn't get the vinyl to stick on right I'd rip it off and have to start over... I've destroyed so many stickers out of frustration trying to get them to apply perfectly...

I think there's carbon fiber vinyl that's thicker though and can be applied using a heat gun which would probably make things a lot easier

If you can get your hands on it 3M Di-Noc is some seriously good shit. I haven't messed around with many car vinyls, but I have applied a bunch of skins on mobile devices. Never have I had a product apply so easy , look as good, and actually have me feel that it would provide abrasion protection. And bubbles work themselves out due to how it's made.

This is definitely something you'd want to look into.

Awesome man I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

i like it but at the same time i dont :pardon:

the wheels look good

id leave the mirrors,hood, hatch and spoiler white and IMO only put carbon fiber on the roof like on some BMW's

maybe black out the inside of the headlights and a light coat of tint on the rears

i like it but at the same time i dont :pardon:

the wheels look good

id leave the mirrors,hood, hatch and spoiler white and IMO only put carbon fiber on the roof like on some BMW's

maybe black out the inside of the headlights and a light coat of tint on the rears

Ok so the wheels are a go it seems like. The carbon fiber/black is debatable. I'll mess around a little more in photoshop. I think if I black out the tail lights they'll be solid black. They're LED's so I don't think seeing them will be a problem

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log

I would go with the rims, but instead of painting the top side black like your talking about, maybe do your roof like the ZR1 roofs, even if its a trick look and not a real transparent roof.

2009-Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1-Blue-Rear-Top-1280x960.jpg

Or maybe just do the roof carbon fiber and leave the rest white.

Edited by Ram1989custom

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

looks good man, lovin the wheels

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

Here's if I copied exactly what the 370z did:

BlueMugen3.jpg

Here's without the hood painted:

BlueMugen4.jpg

In these pics, I removed the paint on the hatch because I feel like it'd remove from the rear end if it was black. The 370z left his hatch unchanged as well, and it helps set off the tail lights and spoiler. I tried it without the spoiler and mirrors and it looks kinda funny because it doesn't have enough accents

Edited by DRauck

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log

I like that look without the hood painted. But there is a white piece in between the spoiler and the roof that should be black as well.

Edited by Ram1989custom

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

I like that look without the hood painted. But there is a white piece in between the spoiler and the roof that should be black as well.

BlueMugen5.jpg

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log

BlueMugen5.jpg

Bingo. Do you have a picture of the rear that you could mess with?