building system, wondering about hairtricks

How's it going, first post.

I got a full size van, gonna be putting a HUGE wall into it, split down the middle, both sides on hinges. If possible with the money I have, was going to go with... 6x boss phantom 12s "2400W", 2x SPL 15s "2800w", 4x boss 6x9 "400w", 8x soundstorm 3-way "250w"

Powered by, 3x Crunch GP3000d-pros, Lanzar for midrange "not sure on watts yet" and my old optimus 400w" for the rest of the midranges.

4x? Optima yellowtop 400 amp, pioneer headunit, about a half mile of 1/0 wire lol.

Bad news is, no room at all for any ports.......

enough power, not enough, too much??? and

Any chance on hairtricks?

first big system, in there right now is just the optimus 400w and 2x 10in mtx from back in 1996. tearing out the old walls and rebuilding the entire insides for the wall, hoping to get some pics up eventually if all goes well " and i can get my cam to work"

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

trying to make my own box for it, prolly gonna BASS right through the crap 7/16s plywood, but no idea till it actually gets tested.

good thing to hear that no port is actually needed for hairtricks, hoping to get the van fixed up for car cruises, demos etc. later this summer. If its strong enough or if i can find a way to get a good number up id go to an SPL comp someday.

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

trying to find any area i could port but it wont be easy lol, basically its a 38in by 60in rectangle cut in half so i can fold the 2 "half walls" back against the sides of the van while driving to see out the back.

Theres only a couple spots i could use but theyre only about 1in by 5in "maybe 2 by 3in most" at an angle between the 6x9s, cant port the sides since when its out as a full wall they will be against the walls of the van and ports in the back wouldnt help, top and bottom is right against the ceiling and floor.

could always rearrange the speaker setup using 1 or 2 less 6x9s to make sure and have room for ports.

havent thought too much into speakers yet, all depends on the cash left after rebuilding the inside walls and what type of power i can afford, might get a custom box made but the guy wants $400 for it. "same guy also quoted me $6400 for a clarion system" i can do about $3500 or so. could always go with 12x 12in kickers and some 5-1/4 component here and there, and even have room for ports.

boss is pretty crap, the old MTX i have in there atm sound great, might just grab up more MTX and be done with it

i'll definately check into those, also checking type Rs and the sony xplod.

the van has that big sliding door on it, would be great to have it fully open so people can check the setup at cruises and still do some hair tricks, shirt etc, looking for HUGE airflow, but actually being able to hear music and not just bass.

possible to get 150Db+ with a system that costs around 3-4k

never checked into SPL much till about a week ago

Edited by Grelko

I'd stay away from the Sony's. Sure if you use enough of them (A LOT)..you can move some air. But there are far better choices,

Now the Type R's are a good sub.

Since your new to SPL I would take your time, SEARCH this forum vigorously. There are many builds to look through & many topics on SPL.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls