Sonic Electronix

Hi,

This is my first car stereo. I currently have 2 Planet Audio BB15s wired at 1ohm to a Hifonics Brz2400.1D. Two seperate ported boxes at 2.8CF tuned to 30hz.

Stock Alt, 4ga power cable, 12ga speaker wire, 1 Kinetik battery KHC600, and a 8Farad Cap. It gets loud but I am trying to see if there is anything I can do to get the most out of my current setup. Even considered selling the 15s for something better but around $200ea. I play my stuff really hard. Any suggestions? I am afraid these subs might not take a beating like I tend to give them. Also, Should I have a custom box built? Sub up port back?

Heres a short vid of my setup. Suzuki Aerio.

And 1 off topic question... How hard is it to get a car into sound offs? I cant get enough of BASS!!! :)

You need bigger power cables if your running that high of power I believe. Do the big 3 upgrade and ditch the cap, if needed get a newer alt and that will cover everything. DC audio has great subs and under that price, look for a representative on the site for pricing. And custom boxes will always play your music the best, I would say in personal experience tune to 32 Hz, and for a hatch, I have always noticed subs up seems to do best, I also have my port up to.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Thanks for reply! xD

So, The cap is useless? Whats your opinion on my current subs/box? I did notice my ports seem to be alot smaller then most peoples. I might consider getting a box thats 6CF tuned at 32hz. Only problem is they charge like $300+ to make me one. Ive also been told 12ga is way too small for what i have. Any thoughts on that?

You need bigger power cables if your running that high of power I believe. Do the big 3 upgrade and ditch the cap, if needed get a newer alt and that will cover everything. DC audio has great subs and under that price, look for a representative on the site for pricing. And custom boxes will always play your music the best, I would say in personal experience tune to 32 Hz, and for a hatch, I have always noticed subs up seems to do best, I also have my port up to.

take the time and build yourself a box to spec for your setup, that will be one of the biggest improvements you can make with what you already have

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

im running 4guage and 12guage speaker right now too on my 2 15" RE sx's on a hifonics brz2400.1d... i recommend getting 1/0guage power/grounds and 8-10guage speaker wire, im switching mine out for those once i pick up some 8guage speaker wire lol,

also lose the cap and get a extra red top or something cheap. i'm going to do the big 3, run 2 red tops and 1/0 guage power/ground for my BRZ2400.1D... also maybe deaden your vehicle.. and DEFFINETLY build a ported box...thats most of what i can think of

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

Grab this & make a box, it's very simple to use.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-310/

MDF,screws,Titebond 2...All together less than $50....& carpet or whatever you want to finish it with.

12 gauge for the subs is fine by the way.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

I dunno if i can manage to build a ported box that wont sound like $%%^$. lol. I was thinking of maybe doing subs up and port aimed back right into hatch window. I guess ill toss the cap and get me another battery and possibly some DC audio. Only thing i didnt like about my current Planet Audio 15s is that they have a foam surround instead of the thick rubber that some have.

Oh, What about getting 2 Digital Design 15s? Would those or DC audio in a custom box give me more output then my current subs?

Edited by ChrisWerner

haha chris, you could look at DD, DC, Sundown, RE , Fi, Skar, so on so forth that would probably out bang your planet audios :D but honestly it all depends on your power and your box.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!