1st Gen Ipad in the dash?

Also don't make the same mistake I did. Get the 32 gig at the very least. Being that you will use this for music, if you have a music collection of any real size, you will go over.

Right now I have 30 gigs used. Since I also use the camera connect kit, I bought the 64 gig. And this is after having bought the 16 gig months before.

It's just money, right? *cries*

yea i wouldnt get anything less then a 32gig for sure, i have a iphone 32g and its almost full

i want a 64g 3G if i can find a first gen for a good price

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Apple%C2%AE+iPad%C2%AE+with+Wi-Fi+%2B+3G+64GB+Black&q_sku=sku5110232#fbid=w7ZNbGohEnQ

You only have to keep the data plan for a month. There is no contract, so you buy a 64 gig 3G iPad for the price of a 16 gig 3G.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Apple%C2%AE+iPad%C2%AE+with+Wi-Fi+%2B+3G+64GB+Black&q_sku=sku5110232#fbid=w7ZNbGohEnQ

You only have to keep the data plan for a month. There is no contract, so you buy a 64 gig 3G iPad for the price of a 16 gig 3G.

thanks for the link dude! may be doing a install soon for around that much so looks like ill be picking that up :)

i keep watching all these ipad install vids lol ^ one of my favorites

still cant decide if i should do it in a center console, or the dash

Dash would be alot cooler, but sooo much more work :shrug:

Are you guys charging through a turn on or just always charging?

I'd assume most people take it out when they leave the vehicle. I haven't glassed mine into the dash, but that's what I do.

I ghetto rigged my iPad. lmao

Either way, I don't think the iPad would suck enough to drain the battery, even if left plugged for a few days. And the iPad (like most mobile devices) will stop charging itself when the battery is full or if it gets too hot.

Speaking of too hot, if you're planning on leaving it in the car, for the first 5-10 minutes after being left for an extended period, it won't do anything. It will display a temperature warning.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert