Second Skin Audio

tough budget, got everything but the 4x 18s

hoping to get 4x "kind of decent" 3k watt "1.5k rms" 18in subs for about $600 total, budget almost ran dry, any suggestions? besides radioshack brand lol

just need something that can handle the power for a month or 2 till i get new subs, could be boss audio etc, just 4x cheap that sound ok atleast

was thinking of hitting up BestBuy for their $69 18s but thats a bit too cheap, say 125-140 each

Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

yeah suggestion..............save up

there is no way in hell you can get 4 18s for 600 even if you can shipping is going to cost you another 400

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

there is no way in hell you can get 4 18s for 600 even if you can shipping is going to cost you another 400

nothing in stores? so i dont need to worry about shipping, could maybe go up to 750-800 total but thats about it unless i wait another couple weeks

actually, the boxes im building for them might take a week or 2 so i could be up to 1200 by then

suprisingly your suggestion is pretty good on that question lol ty

Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

You will never find that. Save up or use less subs. Best Buy doenst even have 18's

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

save up. there are no good 18s for less than around 300 each right now, even used. not to mention, i just bought 1 18 for almost your full sub budget. :shrug:

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

nothing in stores? so i dont need to worry about shipping, could maybe go up to 750-800 total but thats about it unless i wait another couple weeks

patience pays off trust me. or else you will be rebuilding and wasting more money then you though you would. dont believe me? go ahead get some knockoffs and see

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

patience pays off trust me. or else you will be rebuilding and wasting more money then you though you would. dont believe me? go ahead get some knockoffs and see

this is about the most important thing you can remember, never cheap out, and save up for quality equipment you will be happy with, rather than wasting money and being unhappy/dealing with repairs/replacing.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

ya its probably just better to wait a bit longer then to grab up something pretty decent.

going with 2x audiopipe AP30001D any crap subs would most likely die real quick

Wtf do you mean when you say 3kw 1.5kwrms? Are you trying to refer to the peak, which is complete bull? Save up some money, $1200 will allow you to get 4 AQ HDC318s I believe, but that's without shipping.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Wtf do you mean when you say 3kw 1.5kwrms? Are you trying to refer to the peak, which is complete bull? Save up some money, $1200 will allow you to get 4 AQ HDC318s I believe, but that's without shipping.

ive been thinking about the Dc level 4s, or Fi btl could always save up for a good bit longer

was just hoping for something now, but budget is pretty bad, so ill just wait it out and deal with the old optimus 400 and 2x mtx i got in there atm lol

i meant 3k max, 1.5k nominal

(decided to go with some 15s instead ended up with less room than I first thought)

Edited by Grelko