Sundown Audio

Need amp suggestions, can't find one.

Moofs

Audioque is overpriced and chinese made just like everything else. Might as well grab the MB quart for $190 off amazon for 1500rms, then $280 for 1200rms from AQ.

I like bang for the buck, but that's just me. :popcorn:

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

To be honest I don't know if there is really "better for the money, 1700 watts for $200 is pretty cheap man! Haha but yeah dude I doubt the Brutus line is a whole lot different than the mb quarts, I'm sure both would do you great... And I've never heard someone not like an amp because it's too much power, haha I'm just giving you space to upgrade later on if you want that's all lol

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Audioque is overpriced and chinese made just like everything else. Might as well grab the MB quart for $190 off amazon for 1500rms, then $280 for 1200rms from AQ.

I like bang for the buck, but that's just me. :popcorn:

yeah I've heard the AQ750 is over priced. Thats what made me consider the Alpine MRX-M50. Same power produced at 4 and 2 ohms but better specs. Same price shipped.

But like I said, I'm seeing if I can buy something better. I found the mb quart onx1.1000d for like $150 shipped. Seems great but I know nothing about it. As in, how reliable they are, how clean the power is and important for me, how cool/hot the amp runs.

But b/c of the price, I'm leaning towards the MB quart.

Anyone have experience with it?

To be honest I don't know if there is really "better for the money, 1700 watts for $200 is pretty cheap man! Haha but yeah dude I doubt the Brutus line is a whole lot different than the mb quarts, I'm sure both would do you great... And I've never heard someone not like an amp because it's too much power, haha I'm just giving you space to upgrade later on if you want that's all lol

yeah, but then again I dont rly need or want more than 500-600rms. I 100% be upgrading in the future so all those big numbers dont rly mean anything to me. The Brutus makes almost double the power of what im looking for. And with stock electrical of a small car, that worries me. Even with the gains turn down.

All I'll have done is the Big 3.

The Brutus makes twice what you are looking for @1 ohm, but I thought you are looking to run it at 2 ohms? Well that's the 1200 watt Brutus at least. But I'm sure your car with the big 3 could pump out 850 watts @2 ohms if you went with the 1700. But I've heard lots of people that really like their mb quarts! Go with what you like, that's what is important, I'm just throwin ideas put there for you to brainstorm with. If yoh like the mb the get that one man, I'm sure you'll he happy with it

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

yeah, but then again I dont rly need or want more than 500-600rms. I 100% be upgrading in the future so all those big numbers dont rly mean anything to me. The Brutus makes almost double the power of what im looking for. And with stock electrical of a small car, that worries me. Even with the gains turn down.

All I'll have done is the Big 3.

well with the gains set right you wont draw more than you need. With the amp @2omg it'll be more efficient thus drawing less current. I think the hifonics is the best route to go. I've got two of their amps, the higher end ones but I'm very happy with them. You get a lot of bang for your buck really.

yes the MBquart and hifonics are very close to the same and ppl that push one or the other will argue all day one is better. There are slight differences but not much. Almost all of hifonics amps are CEA compliant now too. So you really can't go wrong

Thanks guys, I looked around and found mixed reviews on the brutus. Still looks good but I think I'll take the middle ground and get the MB quart.

I can't rly see spending the extra 60 on the AQ750 or even the alpine MRX-M50. Can you?

I feel the amp should be pretty solid paired with a single SDC2.5, running at 2ohms with the gains turned down, shouldnt be running to hard at all.

Just set the gain with an oscope or DD-1 so you aren't clipping :)

well they r first gonna be set by ear but to a level lesser than they prob should be. Then once I can find someone with an O-scope I'll have them tune it.