Second Skin Audio

Alpha Damp - The Worlds Strongest CLD!

slowly building frankenstein lol

quick math, interior space in feet is something close to 16x6x7

I think floor to ceiling is more around 5'4" instaed of 6' so round down a bit

each wall 96sq

ceiling/floor 112sq

backdoors 36-42sq

front doors 18sq? , metal bracing around the dash/windshield couple more sq sliding door taken into account as part of the passanger wall.

total near 420-450 all metal, vibrates horribly

take off about 30-40 sq for windows

unless my math is COMPLETELY broke from being tired

i could be off by 50-100 or something, but its a fullsize van, extended on the back couple feet.

Sweet Jebus! Yeah you're math is correct from my standpoint.

And I always have to reiterate that 100% coverage is not necessary for most vehicles and builds. Assumably you are going for a competition build. I don't need people reading this and want to do their entire car head to toe and waste product.

How long is the pre order going to be offered? Im going to need 2 of those packs to do the new minitruck. 20 sq will just barely do the floor and im hoping a second box will do the roof, doors and back wall. Any chance of getting a 2 for one deal? :D

I'm not entirely sure how long it's good for since we're just now getting close to the launch/shipping date.

[quote name=^_^ Gem132' timestamp='1312114443' post='1630333]

Looks real good, got a question though, how does one pack of this do a whole car ?

Like Emp said, depends on your definition of an entire car.

The idea behind this product is that you will be able to do an entire vehicle with one pack. Some of course would require more since there are some huge ass cars and SUVs out there.

So for instance say you measure your car and you come up with 80sq. ft. of surface (this is just to make the math easier for me lol). Following the 25% coverage rule (since 50% coverage typically only results in a 2-3 dB noise loss over 25% coverage), only 20 sq. ft. of material would be needed.

Make sense?

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

That wouldn't be too bad, if i just did 25-30% of the van, say the ceiling and back doors, then that would cut it down to around 120-150sq, but I'll check what vibrates the worst in the van since it echos in there first because, it might just be a certain part of the ceiling making it sound like everything else is. I could always just start with a couple small pieces here and there and check the difference as i put it in.

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

check and apply is really the best method. BUT if you will be going crazy with the system later on that will change things. so keep that in mind

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 3 weeks later...

Head up folks!

Alpha Damp is on it's way to AZ and should be in stock and ready to ship sometime next week if all goes well! :yahoo::drinks::clapping:

usa_render4.png

Head up folks!

Alpha Damp is on it's way to AZ and should be in stock and ready to ship sometime next week if all goes well! :yahoo::drinks::clapping:

Nice I am looking forward to getting mine :drinks: :drinks:

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Received word that Alpha has arrived! :yahoo:

A few days of inventorying and orders will start shipping.

Hope to see some reviews people! ;)

usa_render4.png

I don't need too many reviews, gonna use this on my 51 Fleetline two door Deluxe. I am working on the hydraulics right now (olds school) and am going to do the floor pans soon (Fred Flintstone right now) and am going to cover them with Alpha Damp, well deaden, not walling it,lol so I will go with the recommendation of 25-30% coverage.

if your having rust issues you may also want to pick up a gall of spectrum and spay the underside. just a gal probably wont make a big spl difference as compared to the alpha damp but it should help keep any rust from coming back

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer