93 honda dx hatch, daily driver.

for right now im looking to do an all motor swap. and build the motor up. there are way to many ebay turbo'ed civics/Acuras around here. Id like to build a fast all motor hatch. any recommendations?

400 small block.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

idk im not an engine guy... check out tonedeaf & beatbox's builds...

<_<

Tehe, thanks for the referal. :drinks:

Op, what are you looking for in power? You could go cheap with a d15b vtec engine for extremely cheap with a turbo setup and be faster than a b. If you want to really open her up, id drop a b18b or b18c in there and eventually add a turbo. That's the road I would take, unless you're wanting to go balls to the wall and get a k20. This is the most expensive swap but also the most powerful. But for the price of this swap you could have a boosted b18 that will beat the stock k20. The k20 will give you power and the reliability of a stock non boosted engine though, which is nice for some people.

If you want around the power of the b and don't mind a harder swap, h series is an option. It weighs a couple hundred more pounds than the b but has more torque. But the b swap is a much easier swap.

Long story short, b18b or c would be my choice, unless you have loads of cash to drop in the engine an want to hit the track, than the k20. Hope that made things a little easier and I didn't confuse anyone.

for right now im looking to do an all motor swap. and build the motor up. there are way to many ebay turbo'ed civics/Acuras around here. Id like to build a fast all motor hatch. any recommendations?

400 small block.

hmmmm ill have to look into that.

^^^^^^^^^ sarcasm

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

The b18 are more common of a swap, can get them out of integra gsr's if i remember right. Correct me if im wrong. But they are pretty good engines to beef up, they sound killer with a good set of cams in them.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

As for hatches, I def like the 96 dx hatch more, but either way, they are sexy. And op, you could easily get $3k out of that car if you sat on it for a bit. Hatches are just built for it. I'll probably exentually get one. :shrug:

idk im not an engine guy... check out tonedeaf & beatbox's builds...

<_<

Tehe, thanks for the referal. :drinks:

Op, what are you looking for in power? You could go cheap with a d15b vtec engine for extremely cheap with a turbo setup and be faster than a b. If you want to really open her up, id drop a b18b or b18c in there and eventually add a turbo. That's the road I would take, unless you're wanting to go balls to the wall and get a k20. This is the most expensive swap but also the most powerful. But for the price of this swap you could have a boosted b18 that will beat the stock k20. The k20 will give you power and the reliability of a stock non boosted engine though, which is nice for some people.

If you want around the power of the b and don't mind a harder swap, h series is an option. It weighs a couple hundred more pounds than the b but has more torque. But the b swap is a much easier swap.

Long story short, b18b or c would be my choice, unless you have loads of cash to drop in the engine an want to hit the track, than the k20. Hope that made things a little easier and I didn't confuse anyone.

ok cool. its going to be my daily driver so reliability is a priority. im looking to get a fair amount of power with just motor alone, then add a turbo down the road. from what you wrote I am leaning towards the b18. Im not looking to be the fastest around, but i would like to have some decent power when needed. most of my friends have imports so im used to the lingo lol.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

The b18 are more common of a swap, can get them out of integra gsr's if i remember right. Correct me if im wrong. But they are pretty good engines to beef up, they sound killer with a good set of cams in them.

The b18s are the most popular because they have the most aftermarket support which means it's the cheapest to mod, and it is really the strongest engine next to the k series and far more efficient price wise. If the a series would have had more aftermarket support for example, it would probably be the strongest motor out there next to the k20.

As for hatches, I def like the 96 dx hatch more, but either way, they are sexy. And op, you could easily get $3k out of that car if you sat on it for a bit. Hatches are just built for it. I'll probably exentually get one. :shrug:

ive been searching for the right car in good condition and for the right price for a while now. im coming from a 1976 f100, to this lol

teamxa2-1.jpg

well the whole engine swap thing is down the road. what would you recomend for adding power if any to my stock D15B? besides turbo.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Archived