MAJOR voltage drop wit a cap

Im just saying though, why would you add another battery if the alt he has cant even keep up with that one?

for the same reason you have a battery in the first place. Reserve capacity. You turn down the music, let the batteries charge back up, and carry on. Is it an ideal situation? Not really. But it's effective.

And if its been installed for months, he is having something go bad. So whats gonna stop it from doing it again.....better stuff.

or just stuff that hasn't seen hundreds/thousands of hours of use. How long did it take for this battery/alt to fail? Would the extra $300 it would take to get a ho alt/big ass battery bank really be worth it?

Im just giving some advice, people dont have to use it AND if they disagree with what I have to say, they could nicely say why they disagree insted of being a fuckface about it.

or you could stop providing bad info. I'm not saying boiler couldn't have said what he did in a more civil fashion. But it's an effective way of getting people that don't know what they are talking about to stop handing out bad info to people.

he thing about a forum is people who are moderately knowlegeablehave a tendency to answer questions less experienced users aak. If this is a user that doesn't know any better, you have just cost him over 1000 for absolutely no reason.

Again, HE DOESNT HAVE TO USE MY ADVICE. Its still the right way to do it and again, IT MAY NOT BE IDEAL FOR WHAT HE NEEDS RIGHT THIS MINUTE but its still something to think about if he is going to keep upgrading his system.

I literally said "I never said it wasnt a bad stock battery, Im sure it is." so dont fucking come at me like that bro. Also, I never said my advice was the only way to do it, or that you needed to do all of those things. They were just fucking ideas.

Oh yeah, and if you have to turn down the music to let both batteries charge....isnt it putting MORE strain on the alt? Yeah.

Camron+U+MAD+1.jpg

There are many, many members running 2000 watts on a stock alt with a battery bank and have for years. If I remember correctly Boon did it on way more that 2000 watts. You can take that to mean whatever you want. I take it to mean the increased strain is so low as to be negligible. Batteries will only pull 20-50 Amos to charge anyway. Still less than even my amp probably pulls. I have zero voltage drop BTW.

Point is you're leading the OP to believe he needs to invest excessive amounts of money to support his current system. Nowhere in there did you say anything about "if you're planning on upgrading."

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Im just saying though, why would you add another battery if the alt he has cant even keep up with that one?

for the same reason you have a battery in the first place. Reserve capacity. You turn down the music, let the batteries charge back up, and carry on. Is it an ideal situation? Not really. But it's effective.

And if its been installed for months, he is having something go bad. So whats gonna stop it from doing it again.....better stuff.

or just stuff that hasn't seen hundreds/thousands of hours of use. How long did it take for this battery/alt to fail? Would the extra $300 it would take to get a ho alt/big ass battery bank really be worth it?

Im just giving some advice, people dont have to use it AND if they disagree with what I have to say, they could nicely say why they disagree insted of being a fuckface about it.

or you could stop providing bad info. I'm not saying boiler couldn't have said what he did in a more civil fashion. But it's an effective way of getting people that don't know what they are talking about to stop handing out bad info to people.

he thing about a forum is people who are moderately knowlegeablehave a tendency to answer questions less experienced users aak. If this is a user that doesn't know any better, you have just cost him over 1000 for absolutely no reason.

Again, HE DOESNT HAVE TO USE MY ADVICE. Its still the right way to do it and again, IT MAY NOT BE IDEAL FOR WHAT HE NEEDS RIGHT THIS MINUTE but its still something to think about if he is going to keep upgrading his system.

I literally said "I never said it wasnt a bad stock battery, Im sure it is." so dont fucking come at me like that bro. Also, I never said my advice was the only way to do it, or that you needed to do all of those things. They were just fucking ideas.

Oh yeah, and if you have to turn down the music to let both batteries charge....isnt it putting MORE strain on the alt? Yeah.

Camron+U+MAD+1.jpg

There are many, many members running 2000 watts on a stock alt with a battery bank and have for years. If I remember correctly Boon did it on way more that 2000 watts. You can take that to mean whatever you want. I take it to mean the increased strain is so low as to be negligible. Batteries will only pull 20-50 Amos to charge anyway. Still less than even my amp probably pulls. I have zero voltage drop BTW.

Point is you're leading the OP to believe he needs to invest excessive amounts of money to support his current system. Nowhere in there did you say anything about "if you're planning on upgrading."

Your right dude, Ive seen 3k watt amps run on the factory charging system just fine. Ive also seen 750 watt amps pull 3 and 4 volt drops with an ok battery and alt.

I was not leading him to believe he NEEDED that stuff. And I did say that, it was not in the original post no, but I did say it.

So before you try and make me look like an ass, maybe you should read everything I said.

Links to wherever the fuck you're getting your h/o alts and battery banks for $300 please. :orly3::drink40:

Your right dude, Ive seen 3k watt amps run on the factory charging system just fine. Ive also seen 750 watt amps pull 3 and 4 volt drops with an ok battery and alt.

I was not leading him to believe he NEEDED that stuff. And I did say that, it was not in the original post no, but I did say it.

So before you try and make me look like an ass, maybe you should read everything I said.

If you've seen 750 watt amps dropping a car down to 9-10 volts there is simply something wrong with their charging system or are clipping/and or wired TERRIBLY low and are doing something TERRIBLY wrong. Simply put, the OP asked for a solution to his problem, not how to run 2-3k watts with zero voltage drop. A H/O alt will normally put you out atleast $500 for a good one. Thats probably about what he put into his little system. Theres NO reason he should need a $500 alt to solve his problem. Nor a second battery. You may not think it means much, but eventually someone is going to heed your advice and have wasted money, because they didnt know any different. Just because you think his electrical may need multiple batteries and a new alt doesnt mean it is right nor that it needs it. :shrug:

I have had a few batteries that test fine and hold at 13.8 and just fold under the pressure of a amp. Amps beat the piss out of normal batteries . Just go get a Interstate megatron "the biggest one you can fit" Unless you can afford a XS. In my experience optima's will give you more voltage drop than the megatron and cost half.

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Links to wherever the fuck you're getting your h/o alts and battery banks for $300 please. :orly3::drink40:

$300 for a new battery or the $600 for a new alt. $300 diff.

The battery bank statement was just thrown n after the fact.

You may not think it means much, but eventually someone is going to heed your advice and have wasted money, because they didnt know any different. Just because you think his electrical may need multiple batteries and a new alt doesnt mean it is right nor that it needs it. :shrug:

Thank you for stating my point a bit more elegantly than I could.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

You may not think it means much, but eventually someone is going to heed your advice and have wasted money, because they didnt know any different. Just because you think his electrical may need multiple batteries and a new alt doesnt mean it is right nor that it needs it. :shrug:

My mistake on the first quote, out of context I guess. And also glad I could be of assistance. :drinks:

"If you've seen 750 watt amps dropping a car down to 9-10 volts there is simply something wrong with their charging system " <---Clearly why I suggested what I said.

And again IVE SAID THIS MAY NOT BE THE BEST SOLUTION FOR HIM RIGHT NOW.

Fucking read people.

ANNNDDDD you guys all caught me, my whole goal on this thread is to get some kid who doesnt have much money to spend everything he has on new stuff for his car. =D I love milking kids for their money that I will never see.

I work for 'the man' just trying to make America even more broke one kid at a time.

Damn....next victim please???

"If you've seen 750 watt amps dropping a car down to 9-10 volts there is simply something wrong with their charging system " <---Clearly why I suggested what I said.

And again IVE SAID THIS MAY NOT BE THE BEST SOLUTION FOR HIM RIGHT NOW.

Fucking read people.

There being something WRONG as in a PROBLEM with their charging system doesnt mean rip it all out and try again. It means find the one problem and fix it. 9 times out of 10 its a bad battery. Take $200 and buy a GOOD XS or Kinetic or other audio based AGM battery and leave it at that. There is normally no need for something else. You suggested replacing everything and beef it up to withstand several thousand watts. Its unnecessary to say the least dude, thats what were pointing out. Your defending a moot point. We understand its not the best solution which is why we are saying otherwise. You were trying to help, which is AWESOME and what this forum is for. Its helped me LOADS of times, but ive also been given bad advice but smart enough to research it more and decide on the right one. Theres enough misinformation on the site without someone that wants to help giving people the wrong advice. All the guy wants is a solution to his problem, not to run his house generator off his car. Just tone down the suggestions and help the guy with a solution instead of telling him he might need a $1000 to run his amp thats MAYBE pushing 500 watts wired at 2 ohms + box rise.

Archived