07 Accent [Builds Dead, Car Was Sold]

i like the car.. even tho uve added a bit too much "extras" lol.. them hype rs should get down in the proper enclosure.. i would do the big 3 upgrade and add a 2nd battery in the back.. bc i consider 12.5 volts a massive voltage drop.. i make sure i maintain 13 volts with heavy bass... just so the amps stay nice n happy and nothing goes wrong

Haha thanks. Yeah I'm thinking about getting a new battery in the back. So a 12 volt battery charges at 14? So I can keep it at 13 for when it hits!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

i kinda dig the eye lids on the headlights and i really like the wheel combo

Cool thanks a lot! Really appreciate it

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Nice build, I can't wait to see the rims lol. Keep it up! :D

If you want to go big, but keep it in the trunk, I think four high powered 10s, like some DC XL 10s or DD35/9510s on 6-8k would be killer lol...

Dang that actually does sound pretty good! How many batts and how big of a H/O alt you think i would need for about 8k. Cuz i think i can have at least 2 batts in the spare tire space... but other then that a lil innovation will need to come into play for anything more

The rule of thumb is generally 100AH per 1k of rms. so if your running 8k total power you would want to find some batts close to 100ah(like xs,stinger, etc) you would need 5-6 batteries(5 in rear and 1 up front) you want the same battery up front so you dont over stress your alt to charge the lower rated battery and it leaves the rear batterys fighting for power. I reckon an 80A alt is currently on your car?? try for something about 100-120A that will work for you. Do a "big 3" if you dont knwo what that is just ask.

Where do you get these figures? Because I'm lost. 100-120A Alt for ~800 Amps of current draw? A normal group 31 battery is about 100 AH... roughly.

If you want my opinion, a XS power under the hood, and 2 XS3100s in the rear with the highest output alternator you can find and paired up with adequate wire (Isolated grounds and power) to match that alt will be plenty for a daily driver. If you really want to add some extra insurance, a third 3100 would stabilize the voltage a little more, but I'm really lost on the 100AH per kw.

So how much would 1 batt up front and 2 in the rear (xs power) with the highest HO Alt (270 amp) allow me to run daily. How many watts?

xspower_flyer-left.jpg

XS power says a D3100 can handle 4000 watts as a primary battery and a D5100 can handle 2000 watts as a primary battery. So I think, based off XS power's chart, you could handle 8KW no problem for reasonable periods of time. (With a 270A alt, 2 3100s, and a 5100)

Was talking about normal car batteries. With xs batteries there discharge rate is a hell of alot better than a conventional batter. Your getting the 2 mixed up amps and ampere hour are 2 different rates. The rule of thumb thing i was talking about has been around a long while that i know of i have always went by that. take yellow top batteries for example. they have, if i remember corretly, about 65or so AH. because they discharge power a a fast rate they are good for "burps" and they recharge just as fast. With xs, being the batteries are 110ah(2 the yellow tops) they hold there charge alot better to be able to substain a longer beating. Yellow top batteries are great but not the best. they are , you could say, 2nd rate batteries to the xs and stinger type line of batteries.

You are correct in your suggestion. I am mearly stating the same thing. 3-4 batteries will work but to substain from voltage drop 5-6 batteries will help with that especially if hes wanting to do 8k of power. Just my thoughts and knowledge on the issue. Correct me if im wrong. we all have to learn one way or another....right?

So i didnt start the box build today. So it will be sometime next week.

I did however swap out my grill lol

65f920ab.jpg

9d757c9a.jpg

98f9577f.jpg

709cb22e.jpg

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

from experience with these cars, do sub up port back across the bottom. we did 157.5 with an accent on 2-15s under the window line. if you need some good experienced advice in an accent shoot me a pm!!

...LOL not kickers. they are crossfire xs spl v2's

groundpounders-sig-2.jpg 2002 Tahoe Pioneer 4300dvdFront: Pioneer Components Rear: Kicker CVT6.5 sub amp: US Amps AX2000HC @.35 front stage amp: US Amps TU4360C(tube amps FTW!!)2-18" Level Crossfire XS-SPL V.1'sCheck Out My YouTube Videos!! Click This Now!

What up man don't know if you remember me but you know my gf from Hyundai Forums...She says whats up...Nice build good to see the build log here you should check her log that she has posted on here her username is ReptarGoBoom and check mine out also coming along slowly but surely running into ridiculous problems.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

from experience with these cars, do sub up port back across the bottom. we did 157.5 with an accent on 2-15s under the window line. if you need some good experienced advice in an accent shoot me a pm!!

...LOL not kickers. they are crossfire xs spl v2's

Damn! I didnt know there was an accent that loud haha I wanted to eventually get there! I will def pm you bro

Thanks a lot i appreciate it!

What up man don't know if you remember me but you know my gf from Hyundai Forums...She says whats up...Nice build good to see the build log here you should check her log that she has posted on here her username is ReptarGoBoom and check mine out also coming along slowly but surely running into ridiculous problems.

Yeah i remember you what up! Tell her i say whats up too. How is her car? Did she get it fixed yet? She hasnt been online in a while lol

Yeah i be following your build :peepwall::drink40:

I hate running into problems, but its the nature of the beast!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Whats up guys

So i finally started to make my box and all i gotta say is wow, you guys make it look easy haha

Or maybe its just hard when all you had is a skill saw? lol

Its angled on purpose haha

8cf4cc66.jpg

45aa58d6.jpg

The top of the port is not glued and screwed yet, just laying there with some wood underneath to see how it looks

f6532500.jpg

abf41ed1.jpg

Thats as far as i got... took 2 hours. Wont be another week till i finish cuz i started this with a buddy of mine and its a learning experience (no homo) :drinks: for both, so im just gonna wait till he gets a day off lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Ouch split wood! Remember to pre drill your holes and if it still splits you need to use a bigger drill bit. Nice work on the angled panel for you first box! I think you are going to need some support of the top though because there is a lot of stress on those joints holding up the top panel which will be holding the subs, amp rack and amps which is a lot of weight when you add it up.

Although the side panels will strengthen it up some what. Mmmm possibly see how it goes? If it starts flexing you could put a peice of MDF in the middle of the port. Won't have to be very long. Maybe 5 inches from the top down?

Archived