Four Memphis M3's & a T2500-1bd Build Log

Yea I need to get on the sketch up too. I know if I could get some time to work with it, I'd learn it, but no such luck as of yet.

Its not TOO bad, I suppose once you learn it, you can do it, but it takes a while to learn. It took me like a good 3 hours to do the double baffle. Every time i tried putting the top layer on it covered up the holes and wouldn't do the depth right. :shrug: got lucky one time and it worked. LOL.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

I made this once! It's a drawing of my rear deck sliding amp rack drawer. It'll go under the rear deck and above the sub enclosure. But the amps are changing at this point. You can see that in my build. That's what I was talking about this morning.

RearTraySlideOutIdea.jpg

RearTraySlideOutIdea-1.jpg

RearTraySlideOutIdeaWithCover.jpg

That took me about 2 hours to do.

I made this once! It's a drawing of my rear deck sliding amp rack drawer. It'll go under the rear deck and above the sub enclosure. But the amps are changing at this point. You can see that in my build. That's what I was talking about this morning.

RearTraySlideOutIdea.jpg

RearTraySlideOutIdea-1.jpg

RearTraySlideOutIdeaWithCover.jpg

That took me about 2 hours to do.

Yeah thats better than what I can do. :shrug: some people can do all the wires and such... but :No: not me.

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

I think it’s going to be something like this..

EDIT: photobucket error GR. Sorry about that! Not important, just a sketchup.

Except, little more angled back I don’t got MUCH room to work with in front of the sub box. But that’s where I want the amp, so I am going to make it work.

The amp is 2.14" thick ( for the record might help some people figure out what the "surprise" amp is ) so if I really wanted to, I could do it 100% vertical. But I want to angle it as much as possible without hovering over the subs. The wires come from the bottom of the amp, so I am going to either cut a channel for the power and ground wires or drill a hole so it’s completely hidden except for like an inch, I have seen some really good installs and it looks really clean that way.

The battery will be to the right of the sub box and the remote and RCA are coming from the left which is GREAT because the amps power and ground are on the right and the speaker wire and signal input wires are on the left.

But once again, I am no good with sketchup... will continue working to see if I can get a bit better sketch. But not sure how much better I can get than that. I don’t think the amp is going to be here till Monday or later though :( Sigh.

EDIT: UNLESS SOMEONE HAS A BETTER IDEA FOR THE AMP RACK! I WANT IT IN FRONT OF THE BOX THOUGH! If you have an idea, hit me up on the Chat and fill me in! If I go with your idea, you'll get credit don’t worry!

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

You mentioned fans earlier, so i guess you counsidered mounting the amp on the inside of a box of some sorts?

I really like that kind of design, where you get to cover up all the wiring, and you kan just see the face of the amp itself.

Possibly behind some plexiglass, or just free air. If done proper LED lighting might give that little extra, but it can also ruin

everything. If you're in to LEDs that is :pardon:

While you're on the topic of SketchUp, taking the few hours to get into the basics might be worth it. It makes it easier to get

a visualisation of a design, for further tweeks and changes. I've used it just a little myself, and when I have trouble getting the

shape I want, I just try different ways to get there. A small example:

skjev.jpg

I made this some time this winter as a follow-up on some scribles in one of my school books, I think I had to try a few times to get the anles on top there. My point being, just be creative and you'll figure it out :)

You mentioned fans earlier, so i guess you counsidered mounting the amp on the inside of a box of some sorts?

I really like that kind of design, where you get to cover up all the wiring, and you kan just see the face of the amp itself.

Possibly behind some plexiglass, or just free air. If done proper LED lighting might give that little extra, but it can also ruin

everything. If you're in to LEDs that is :pardon:

While you're on the topic of SketchUp, taking the few hours to get into the basics might be worth it. It makes it easier to get

a visualisation of a design, for further tweeks and changes. I've used it just a little myself, and when I have trouble getting the

shape I want, I just try different ways to get there. A small example:

skjev.jpg

I made this some time this winter as a follow-up on some scribles in one of my school books, I think I had to try a few times to get the anles on top there. My point being, just be creative and you'll figure it out :)

I have got the Knight Rider LED Bar i plan to install in this build somewhere. It is going to look good when I am done.

As for mounting the amp inside the box? Thats not a good idea. Imagine the amount of pressure inside there!

LEDs will be for sure used to light up the dark trunk, the Knight Rider one I got is 7 different colors, but I am going to most likely use Blue and white to match the LEDs on the front of my amp!

Aweee yeahh. Its gonna look really nice. But if this rain would slack up! DAMN. It has been going hard since 12am!

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

I think I have finally came up with the amp rack design... I still got a few days to fully decide, but this is most likely what I will be going with ( unless shown a better idea )

This is going to be the actual WOOD part of it.

35701336.png

As you can tell, it is got a routered in part where the amp will sit 3/4" inset. This leaves room for everything to still be plugged in.

Here is a pic of the amp sitting in place

23217261.png

It is only in 1/4 the size of the amp.

I then TRIED to draw how the power, remote, and ground would be on this amp. The cables are going to go STRAIGHT down and I will drill holes for it to go in, once through the hole they will be wired to the right towards the battery rack.

95622219.png

25962812.png

92771281.png

The speakers terminals on the left will be the same, they will go straight down through the wood, and directly to the bolts on the box, so you will only see maybe an inch of each speaker wire.

18703686.png

Most of the speaker wire will be hidden behind the rack. as the pieces will be only I would say 1' long and ring terminated at the end to be bolted on to the box.

I might make a video, of this to better describe and show when I am building, but I am not too active with YouTube. So I will have to learn to work it. :shrug:

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Still no guesses on the amp! I added ONE tiny detail of the amp into the sketchup because it was easy to do. What do YOU think it will be!

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Sucks when it rains (or snows for that matter) and you want to get work done.

And I'm sorry for making myself unclear, I didn't mean inside the sub enclosure. I was thinking of a dedicated amp rack with a top panel over the amp with a window in it. Much like a buty panel. I'm POSITIVE you must have seen something like it in the builds on this or other forums.. The consept in mind(not my car!):

IMG_1182.jpg

Archived