Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Next I sat down to figure out further driver placements, and if I can even fit theese 4" fullranges in a reasonable matter.

It'll be close to this:
received_m_mid_1411043016544_06dce097c26

Tweeter goes here:
20140918_143442_zpsl6n26p63.jpg

The drivers I'm using :) Will ba a 3-way setup with two 6.5" for midbass, one 4" mid and a 28mm silkdome tweeter on each door.
20140918_143745_zpsqmkp1tny.jpg

Next up I wanted to tackle the tast of running wires to the doors, the most annoying part of the whole build imo!
After a bit of teardown:
20140918_151714_zps5ntsgvip.jpg

Had to get through here somehow
20140918_152121_zpsmiq9bxul.jpg

Luckily there's usually some unused pins:
20140918_152418_zpstlsfxya2.jpg

The other part whas tricky to get out, but I got it eventually:
20140918_162858_zpsy1ehe4aq.jpg

Pulles theese two pieces out of the connector and made some room for wires:
20140918_173759_zpscqotm94p.jpg

Three pair of wires in each door, fml:
20140918_175553_zpsfqdjirla.jpg

It startet to get dark before I had it all back in place:
20140918_191135_zpsctdsjixj.jpg

Started on pods for the fullrange drivers:
20140918_204903_zpsk5pbobch.jpg
20140918_204905_zpsbd8sunmd.jpg

Posted

This looks great man. I'm glad someone here finally showed that if you really take your time with your fleece and get it tight and wrinkleless it doesn't take much filler. Here lately more often that not you see a lot of installs where everyone just pulls the fleece really quick then cakes pounds of filler on there.

Posted

This looks great man. I'm glad someone here finally showed that if you really take your time with your fleece and get it tight and wrinkleless it doesn't take much filler. Here lately more often that not you see a lot of installs where everyone just pulls the fleece really quick then cakes pounds of filler on there.

Yes, I SO agree with you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1120 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...