I'm so jealous! I wish I had that big of a cavity in my doors! I have a couple little openings but that's about it. Considered cutting the doors at one point, but decided against it. Looking good! What's the two lines coming out of the side in the first pic? Speaker wire? This is for 8's correct?

Looks like its coming together pretty well. I'm liking the fiberglassing, I'm afraid to do fiberglassing to my door panels. Have you thought about a double DIN touch screen instead?

I'm so jealous! I wish I had that big of a cavity in my doors! I have a couple little openings but that's about it. Considered cutting the doors at one point, but decided against it. Looking good! What's the two lines coming out of the side in the first pic? Speaker wire? This is for 8's correct?

That's the good thing about having a beat up car, I don't worry about messing it up :) I'll use it to learn as much as i can before I move on.

Yes, good sized speaker wire. And you're correct, 8"s.

Looks like its coming together pretty well. I'm liking the fiberglassing, I'm afraid to do fiberglassing to my door panels. Have you thought about a double DIN touch screen instead?

Nice to hear! But get a 2nd set of panels and give it a shot, it's very doable!

No I haven't considered it much, at least not for this car. If I want screens in the future I would think more in the lines of a tab of some sort, maybe together with a good quality single DIN.

I just drilled the hole then flipped it over for a perfectly maching pin.

Archived