dumb question about wiring 2 subs

I've been looking through the forums for a while and couldnt find an answer.

might sound stupid but... If i hook up lets say... 2 subs rated 1500W to a mono amp rated 1500, is it possible to get "around" 1500 watts going to each speaker, or would they both be down at 750 or less? I'm still bad with electric "been reading up in forums"

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

I mean no offense by this, but what is up with you and your "" marks lol?

No, they will not each get 1500w of hooked up to a 1500w. They will theoretically get 750w each...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

They would be at 750 per sub if amp is 1500 peak

unless its a sony xplode amp... ul be luvky to be gettin 200 to ea.. lol jk

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

lol im not actually sure why i use the " alot, prolly just a habit from gaming over the years.

ok, try not to laugh TOO hard everyone hates being on a budget :P

I was looking into the quantum audio 3000W 1500rms, saw just a couple bad reviews but alot more good ones, was gonna grab 4x 15" subs, no idea on amplifiers was hoping to get 2x 3000W amps and run 2 speakers to each but if theyre only going to get half power, but then i wouldnt get the most out of the subs. I would like to atleast be able to put 2800 into each speaker,

i could always just run them at half power till i saved up or just get 1 half decent 6k watt 3k rms amp and run all 4 off of it till i could afford another amp.

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

Those amps won't do rated. You'd be best to looking into those 2 AP3000s you've mentioned previously, and get 4 D2ohm subwoofers. Run each amp at 2ohm, gain match.

Wait, was your previous post talking of woofers or amplifiers lol? It's a bit confusing... But for 4 15s I would pick up Kasey (thehoe92) Upgraded Lv4 15s for $210 shipped a piece...

Edited by Supercharged DCs

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

lol im not actually sure why i use the " alot, prolly just a habit from gaming over the years.

ok, try not to laugh TOO hard everyone hates being on a budget :P

I was looking into the quantum audio 3000W 1500rms, saw just a couple bad reviews but alot more good ones, was gonna grab 4x 15" subs, no idea on amplifiers was hoping to get 2x 3000W amps and run 2 speakers to each but if theyre only going to get half power, but then i wouldnt get the most out of the subs. I would like to atleast be able to put 2800 into each speaker,

i could always just run them at half power till i saved up or just get 1 half decent 6k watt 3k rms amp and run all 4 off of it till i could afford another amp.

unless your buying a RF T 1000.4 bdcp, with 4 small subs lol i wouldnt hook up four subs to any other amp.. especially at high power.. i would just buy 2 SA3500, or 2 AQ 3500... AQ a bit cheaper, but is a great amp!

Edited by Stee-Z

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened