Power wire from Alternator or Front Battery?

Well i have whats in my sig as far as system goes, but what im wondering about is...

i have 4 runs of 0g to the front/back, is it better to run them off the alt or from the battery upfront? Originally had plan to run the off the alt

if i run them off the alternator i was told it will cause too much resistance and its not a good idea. that its better to run it from the front battery instead.

What do you think?

another thing if i do run it off the alt i would need a coupling nut to be able to fit all the wire terminals.Witch would be 5, the 4runs to the back and TheBig3 wire from the alt to the front battery

coupling_nut3.jpg

Edited by BeatBox

Why do the big 3 if ur running off the alt

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

imo ied run em to the front battery and then just add another run of 0guage front alt pos to battery pos to help with current flow

i think with 4 runs of 0guage that battery is getting drained faster than charged so 2 runs of 0guage could help

from what i remember the more runs helps with resistance, but with 0guage car audio wire vs powerlines, the insulation is what dont let the wire handle as much so when it gets hot it cant disapate heat as good so it goes to affect the resistance in the wire, thats why they rate 0guage car audio wire @ 300amp, but with power lines for example, there rated at around 15kamps or so with same or smaller wire, this is due to air cooling the wire,

my buddy took a bunch of it out of a building he baught, its like 1'' to 1&1/2'' around pure copper wire, but not as much insulation as the wire we use has, so can do more with less

but ya, ied just help the alt charge the front battery than put the wires on the alt, u can do about the same with another run of 0guage and do the same while charging front battery, gives u some resurve capacity vs just alt power when cars running

i hope this makes sense :shrug::drinks:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Why do the big 3 if ur running off the alt

Done :)

imo ied run em to the front battery and then just add another run of 0guage front alt pos to battery pos to help with current flow

i hope this makes sense :shrug::drinks:

read it twice but makes sense, only thing is the front battery is a baby lol

a5f3e1f3.jpg

that was the other plan i had in mind add another wire from the alt to the front battery and run the wires off the battery

thanks

yeah i have everything ready to go except i needed that coupler nut but since the place im getting it from is taking for ever im not sure what to do yet.

heres the alt now, only 3 outta the 5 wires are connected

d2735765.jpg

This is how I was gunna do my runs front to back,

I'm gunna be running dual 300 amp alts,

And run 8 runs of 1/0 front to back(4+\4-)

so I was gunna do 1 positive run off each alt to my batts in the back, and 1 positive run of each batt ( 2 D3400s up front)

Then. For grounds 2 negative runs off the alt bracket, and 2 off the batts.

Are you doing and negative runs?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

yup have 4pos 2neg running back

TheBig3

and a few extra neg from engine, and from battery up front

on dericks he has a like 6runs on his alt lol and i dont think hes had any problems. but we'll see i PM about too