Wtf Someone Imed Me Stealing My Ip Addy?

shit, i really dont understand what is so bad about finding somebody's IP, especially if it's dynamic... i think that if you just release and renew a new address you should be fine..

Wait...

Windows (If so what version?) or Mac (If what version (eg. 10.3.9))

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

Kicker CX600.1 (Kicker "Certified" 638wrms@2ohm)

NVX VCW124 @2 Ohm, ~1.25 ft^3 Sealed box

Stock Doors; (4) 6.5's, (2) 4's, (4) 1" Tweets

Owner/Founder of RT Photography

Canon Traitor who moved to Fujifilm

If someone has your IP, it isn't that big of a deal at all. In fact, nearly all forum posts on most forums are IP logged. You just have to be worried if this person knows how to access machines unlawfully. Make sure your firewall is up, strong and running well. Encrypt personal information, password files with different passwords (that have certain degrees of complexity) and make sure anti-virus is up to date.

Plus, you have a dynamic IP. That means that it will change every specific time frame. Unlike us suckers with Staic IP's, you are quite safe. Just play your cards close to your chest, get your machine up to date and you'll be cool.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

shit, i really dont understand what is so bad about finding somebody's IP, especially if it's dynamic... i think that if you just release and renew a new address you should be fine..

Wait...

Windows (If so what version?) or Mac (If what version (eg. 10.3.9))

windows vista ultimate

If someone has your IP, it isn't that big of a deal at all. In fact, nearly all forum posts on most forums are IP logged. You just have to be worried if this person knows how to access machines unlawfully. Make sure your firewall is up, strong and running well. Encrypt personal information, password files with different passwords (that have certain degrees of complexity) and make sure anti-virus is up to date.

Plus, you have a dynamic IP. That means that it will change every specific time frame. Unlike us suckers with Staic IP's, you are quite safe. Just play your cards close to your chest, get your machine up to date and you'll be cool.

Cheers,

Mick

well as soon as that happened within like 10 seconds of him signing off i unplugged my router for a minute then plugged it back. it resets the routers and hopefully picks up a new ip address so i think im good as long as i didnt receive the file he sent me and i rejected it so theres really no way he can put it on my comp.

unplugging your router and plugging it it doesnt change a damn thing on your router.

but your being worried for no reason at all honestly. and if they really wanna get you a firewalls worthless because windows vista leaves ports open in order for windows to run properly and most people who are really going to do anything know those ports

unplugging your router and plugging it it doesnt change a damn thing on your router.

but your being worried for no reason at all honestly. and if they really wanna get you a firewalls worthless because windows vista leaves ports open in order for windows to run properly and most people who are really going to do anything know those ports

whenever i do that and go to danasoft or a similar website my ip address is different plus whenever i call tech support thats what they always make me do so i just assumed thats what it does.

but you are probably right. i am being worried for no reason. i dunno it just kinda scared me cause it did look like a hack to me.

Edited by Amalan

Well you see your problem is your running Windows... And vista no less

Actually it should be pretty hard to take control of vista thanks to its "Do you want to do this?" *yes* "Are you sure?" *yes* "Sorry, too bad" *cancel*

:D

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

Kicker CX600.1 (Kicker "Certified" 638wrms@2ohm)

NVX VCW124 @2 Ohm, ~1.25 ft^3 Sealed box

Stock Doors; (4) 6.5's, (2) 4's, (4) 1" Tweets

Owner/Founder of RT Photography

Canon Traitor who moved to Fujifilm

you dont got anything to be worried about if you didnt download the files or whatever.

So he gots your ip addy, congratz? LoL.

Most likely there isnt much he can do with it if you are running some sort of firewall (ie nvidia firewall, windows firewall, zonealarm, or maybe even some antivirus firewall). Also if you are running a router it will make it even harder for him to access your pc.

Like other people said, just run a clean sweap on your system to be safe, do a root scan, spywear scan, and then a virus scan you should be fine tho.