Second Skin Audio

DC Audio lvl 5 vs. FI N3

bmxer13

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which sub would you choose?

I thought the Lvl 5 was intended as a sple woofer too?

it was their SPL sub because of the tighter gap and it was their biggest sub at the time. its a daily sub with SPL side effects...same as the Neo.

I apologize for making a vs thread. I didn't read the rules so that's my fault. Admins you can erase this if its that big of a hassle.

i honestly dont see the issue with it...this is an audio site and i dont see any problem comparing subs to see which one you would like to buy

I thought the Lvl 5 was intended as a spl woofer too?

Thats like saying the smd was made for spl only as well. #smh

Since you brought up the smd...

I remember Chode trying the smd woofers out, and said they killed the DC Neos on SQ......

FALSE...i like the sound of the DCs better...they hit harder, more punchier and MUCH more aggressive. the SMDs had a good SQ and smooth but didnt kill the DC in SQ. they didnt have the impact. really everyone i gave a demo with the SMDs to...werent impressed. the ONLY thing i liked about the SMDs over the DCs was that the lows were smoother...thats about it.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I thought the Lvl 5 was intended as a spl woofer too?

Thats like saying the smd was made for spl only as well. #smh

Since you brought up the smd...

I remember Chode trying the smd woofers out, and said they killed the DC Neos on SQ......

arent neos peaky? SMD inst a neo. N3 is a neo, regular level 5 isnt.

the N3 is more SPL oriented but will play music. theres a vid going around of the N3s playing music and slamming like a MOTHERFUCKER

for SPL i would say the N3, Level 5 then the SMD and the SMD not being built for SPL at all..its built for music slamming ALL day

for music i would say Level 5, N3 then SMD (the smd just needs SOOOO much power to make loud) highest burp score on 2 18 inch SMDs was 151.5 my highest on the Neos were 154.2 (these are NSPL sealed scores) my highest music on the SMDs was 150.9 and my highest score on music w the Neos was 153.9. both on 2 DC 5ks. the Smds were at 1.5 ohm strapped and the Neos are 1 ohm strapped so slightly more power to the Neos but not that great to make that great of a difference.

if you plan on running 6-7k RMS per sub daily and show demo vehicle then go with the SMD. but for everyday use on less than 5k...im not a fan of the SMD for that

Ehhh thats why he sold the smd's... Either way not going to argue to each their own :)

correct because he liked his SPL sub like the lvl 5 is.......

So again, this thread is comparing a spl sub to a spl sub.

not a spl sub to a sq sub..

facepalm.

im a daily driver...not SPL...my Neos were louder than the SMDs by a lot on burps AND music.

NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

just listen to these guys, they dont give a shit about SQ :3

also, neo subs are shit, never buy one, ferrite is the way to go.

edit: wtf do you mean that we're leaning towards the n3? its a terrrrrible sub for daily use, unless all you listen to is country and rock. high power handeling + shitty low end + terrible motor=good sub for daily?? i dont think so...

OP, look into the new SSA ZCON line. that'd be my 5 cents.

please elaborate...my DC Neos are the BEST subs ive ever owned...there light, powerful, excellent cooling, plays just about whatever i throw at it (box tuning is a little high so i cant play LOWS too great) and had the most impact of any sub ive ever owned. so whats the problem w Neo drivers?

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

edit: wtf do you mean that we're leaning towards the n3? its a terrrrrible sub for daily use, unless all you listen to is country and rock. high power handeling + shitty low end + terrible motor=good sub for daily?? i dont think so...

If I remember correctly, when DB Don has a door open he's peaking in the high 20s. I don't think I'd call that a shitty low end.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

If I remember correctly, when DB Don has a door open he's peaking in the high 20s. I don't think I'd call that a shitty low end.

i dont think hes ever even used Neos...so i dont know how he even makes those assumptions

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

i dont think hes ever even used Neos...so i dont know how he even makes those assumptions

Hes had experience with funky pups and JL audio im sure. Theres nothing else better. Once you go try the funk, everything else is junk.

Having played with Level 5 subs, I'd take an n2 mayhem or an n3 over it if i was trying to use something to compete, which is what the original post was about in the first place. Never played with a DC Neo, but have no want to either.

Whole first page turned into a buy DC campaign before the op could even elaborate....and in all honesty can he even get the woofers being recommended to him? Last i seen there was a line of people waiting on stuff from as far back as March.

ok kind of noob question here but whats the difference in spider count? i see FI has all the way up to 7, is the lower numbers stronger since the have more metal between each spider and the higher numbers are for cooling or how does that work?

Archived