Hey all, looking for some recommendations on headphones. I'm technologically retarded, so please forgive me. I'd like a set that goes over my ears (the cup kind lol) and has great sound quality and a good low end response (I'm a basshead after all). Outside noise cancellation is always nice as well! They will be used to listen to music from my iPhone if that matters... Let's say a $200 budget. Thanks! :D

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I have a pair of Skullcandys, Mine are the model that have a small little bass amplifier that you can use if you put a double A battery in it. I think they cost me like 80 dollars so there not ridiculously expensive. Im sure theres a lot better out there for 200 dollars but at 80 dollars they sound good and definitely put out some bass. Just something to check out if you want to.

What will this headphone be used for and where ?

For trips on airplanes, just in home use, connected to a computer, etc??

:)

As I said, just to listen to music on my iPhone when I'm bored. Don't own a computer, never flown on a plane, don't DJ or anything like that.

And Justin, I'll look into them :)

I've been using some Turtle Beach X11s lately, and though they sound good, I know there's better out there, especially for $200.

Yeah im like you i just use my for my iphone also, i was gonna buy some nice ones but i figured since its just for my iphone i didnt need to spend 300 or more and i found this at best buy tried them out and they actually get loud and have good bass so i was happy. Let us know what you end up with though man.

The two I would recommend would be either the Bose QC15 or the Beats by Dre(the studio ones). They are 300 dollar headphones but you can find them for around your budget.

Will look into both, thanks for the suggestion. My budget isn't set in stone, if I find something I like that may cost a bit more, I'll pick em up :drinks:

And yeah Justin, there probably is great headphones out there for a nice price. I'm always open to suggestions :)

Won't have a set for a while, just looking into some. I'll let y'all know what I get when I do get the money together and post a review, but remember I'm not tech-savy lol.

Was trying to firgure out if open air or close headphone would be best for your application.

Open-air are the best sound IMO, but external noises (like people talking) can be heard and people around you can hear what you are listen too.

Open

Sennhiser HD595 @ $150

Grado SR225i are right @ the $200 mark.

Closed

Audio Technica ATH-A900 @ $180

:)

Edited by Grey_Fox

I have skull candy titans. I love them. I used to buy their smoking buds wich are like 10-20 bucks and i would ripp the cord on accident, but with the titans i havent since the lines are braided insulated wich is pretty cool. I have had them for a year and no issues. I dropped them in water once too and they still work amazing

Oh and for bass. On full tilt on my iphone 20 or 28 hz makes my eyes water. Pretty cool. I got them for 40 at radioshack

Cliffnotes- loud, durable, inexpensive

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/