Sundown Audio

major help in deciding here please.. SERIOUS helpers only!!!

newls1

OK, let me see if were all on the same page here? Plus I need all the help I can get! The drivers are still on my order list so I need help figuring out if I need D1's or D2's?? The way I was wanting to wire them what all 4 together, and strap amps to each other, so only 2 speaker wires will be connected to amp, and since there strapped, 1 amp controls the other, so tuning wont be a hassle.....am I correct here? If all this sounds right, IM HITTING THE "BUY IT NOW" BUTTON ASAP

with 4 D1s you can get a .5 ohm load or a 2 ohm load

with 4 D2s you can get a 1 ohm load or a 4 ohm load,

and yes with strapped amps you only tune the master amp, and the slave follows

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

amps are ORDERED!!!!! I got them through DB-R so I dont think I have anything to worry about!! DB-R does great work... I guess Ill order 4 D2's???? Well, hold on, im confusing myself I think? Do I want a 1ohm load with all 4 connected, or a 1/2ohm load? Damn it, been out of loop a little longer then I thought!! Help. I am however pretty set on running each amp @ 1/2 ohm so when strapped together, it will be a 1ohm load...

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

wait. doesnt matter if they come with a warrenty. .5 each amp will void it lol :pardon: but glad you decided to go with sundown. ftw

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

I would go with the Sundowns just because of the warranty and also multiple amps will help control box rise more then a single amp setup

x2 sundown

Sundown is good but warranty will not serve them anything.

amps are ORDERED!!!!! I got them through DB-R so I dont think I have anything to worry about!! DB-R does great work... I guess Ill order 4 D2's???? Well, hold on, im confusing myself I think? Do I want a 1ohm load with all 4 connected, or a 1/2ohm load? Damn it, been out of loop a little longer then I thought!! Help. I am however pretty set on running each amp @ 1/2 ohm so when strapped together, it will be a 1ohm load...

Warranty=No warranty you decide?

the amps are wired in series when u strap

so u want 1ohm load final, each amp seeing 1/2ohm

so get 4 d2s. its a good thing u waited since u will now get the newer style aqs with more excursion/cooling

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg