is this enough electrical?

70 amp would be a different story :)

the alt that i have in there right now is the cheapest i could get just to run the van, think either 50-63 or less lol? the 6 yr old 400W system..more like 85rms amp and 2x 10"s in there now radioshack FTW..wait,i mean FT-broke, dims the dashboard/radio lights when the bass hits if its up 3/4 way. Upgrading to the 140A and someday after getting more cash saved up i was going with atleast a 300-350A for SPL. That wont be for another couple years after re-upgrading the system and getting more power going,

I should be able to get the H/O alt within a couple months so i can look to the future from there on

also wondering if i should get my stock wires upgraded, no idea on how much actual amps im running atm (probably 6 lol) no power anything, pump the gas pedal couple times. so i figure the stock electrical is maybe around 8-12g looks real bad under the hood for now, been doing body work lately.

Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

learn ohms law it will help a lot

the more im on here the more im learning :) 2-3 hrs a day reading all i can about all the diff topics to save a ton of money in the long run

edit- back in the first post i wasnt sure which amps i would be using, leaning towards the AQ1200d if that makes too much of a diff or not? prolly wont be at full gain, subs rated 250rms ill only be trying to put 200-250 into each. figure itd be loud enough as it is with 8x anyways lol

Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

your gonna need a few batteries too

not for 2k. 1 extra batt(kinda big one) and a decent alt will do.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/