Second Skin Audio

what subs for 2 cubes

I am putting two sa-10's in my brothers singlecab truck right now,his cab has quite a bit of room tho, we are going to squeeze 2ft^3 after displacements. But I always like the port passengers side for a few reasons. First if you give demos it's going to he a bit louder in that side, second if you ever decide to get metered that is the side the put the port on. And I would not do the port firing down. But like everyone is saying, 2 sa-8's in the right box will get loud, probably louder than the type r's considering they are in shitty prefab boxes! And it's going to he so fun seeing peoples reaction when you have the loudest system at your school and they are 2 8's!!! Hah

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Sadly, yes that's what I mean by downfiring the port. There will be space between the port and floor ofcourse so the subs can flex.....

You can downfire the subs and be fine, but the port wouldn't be a port without being vented into open air

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

I am putting two sa-10's in my brothers singlecab truck right now,his cab has quite a bit of room tho, we are going to squeeze 2ft^3 after displacements. But I always like the port passengers side for a few reasons. First if you give demos it's going to he a bit louder in that side, second if you ever decide to get metered that is the side the put the port on. And I would not do the port firing down. But like everyone is saying, 2 sa-8's in the right box will get loud, probably louder than the type r's considering they are in shitty prefab boxes! And it's going to he so fun seeing peoples reaction when you have the loudest system at your school and they are 2 8's!!! Hah

In a forward firing port, driver's side is louder to the meter and the passenger most of the time.

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log

How else could I run the port sense the subs are downfiring? I sure hope I can have one of the loudest systems in my school!!! All thanks to you guys haha

External aeroports forward firing would be cool

I said this in another thread but I've put a box in an F350 and we rearfired the subs and they sounded awesome but it was sealed. I'm not sure what other people's input would be in trying this with a ported box or where you would port it though

Edited by DRauck

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log

Well the single cab we are doing right now (next week after my race this weekend me and my bro will post the build log) we have a box that is 53"w x 17"h x 10" d(bottom) x 5"d(top) the subs are facing forward port passenger side at 33hz or so. A design similar to this, but a little smaller could work, and I think it'd be cool to do the subs rear firing (against back of cab. With a port on one of the sides, or firing up.

This box is going in an f350 single cab too actually lol

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

if you decide to go with 8s, cross out the dc 8

the dd1508 was louder than the sa8 when ric at pulse car audio did a test but not by much...

the sa-8 was very close in spl but sounded better and was the better value!

also, if you dont mind a sealed box, you can do 3 sa-10s in the 2 cuft before displacement you say you have..if you can squeeze four net sealed you can do 4 sa-10s :)