XS Power

Suitable number of batteries

Not sure where I could have asked this, then I remembered there is an XS Power section here full of guys willing to help however they can.

I'll cut to the chase, I'm looking to run 4k rms (wishful thinking, maybe 3500?) off of 3 D1200's. Is that a good idea? I heard that new batteries are great, but the best way to keep the charge as even as possible between them all is to run the same size as well, so rather than the 1200 and the biggest I could fit in the back, I figure 3 D1200s, and they are from what I can tell the biggest battery I can fit under the hood of my 98 Caravan and will suit the job.

i dont know if this is true or not but i think you should be fine with running different size batteries as long as you dont mix AGM and LA

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

I don't think it matters honestly different SIZE batts, and tbh, i run different type batts as do a lot of people.

i dont think its the BEST idea... but ive been doing it for 7 months. So after 7 months I feel I got my 245$ out of this battery... :shrug: i dont see it dying anytime soon either.

I would get the D1200 for under the hood and a D3100 for the trunk and call it a day if you can afford the D3100. If not get something like the D6500 its 100$ cheaper, and its rated to handle 4000 watts as a second battery and 3_ _ _ something as a standalone.

Shoot an email to Nate. He will hook you up.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

I just heard that without an isolator the safest thing is to run the same size. I got a price from someone in Ontario for a 1200 and 3100, and the price for 3 1200s is roughly the same before shipping and what not (lucky Americans lol), but price isn't so much the concern as is the performance and weight. I will definitely email Nate and see what he suggests.

Thanks for the help so far, any more is always welcome

Do not waste the money on an isolator. No problem running different sized batteries. Most people can fit a 3100 under the hood, but run one in the back and there is no problem doing it that way.

If you are running the 4k for daily use then the 1200 under the hood and 3100 in the back would be fine. If it is for competition use, then I would suggest something larger than the 1200. Don't forget you can always move your front battery to the back and not have on under the hood.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Do not waste the money on an isolator. No problem running different sized batteries. Most people can fit a 3100 under the hood, but run one in the back and there is no problem doing it that way.

If you are running the 4k for daily use then the 1200 under the hood and 3100 in the back would be fine. If it is for competition use, then I would suggest something larger than the 1200. Don't forget you can always move your front battery to the back and not have on under the hood.

Unless it's for competitions, in that case your required to have a battery in the stock location.

2001 Blazer ~ (2) 10" DC lvl 4's, Orion 2500d 148.9db

2005 Astro ~ (2) 18" DC XL's, Atomic 5000.1 153.9 db

New England SPL

NESPL - YouTube

Unless it's for competitions, in that case your required to have a battery in the stock location.

Good point. If you are going to be competing make sure and check the rules first.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg