Sonic Electronix

i just built a box. roughly 5.25 cubes. for my 2 kicker L7 12's

i had to put the subs pretty close together. about an inch apart.

now if i unhook one of my amps. (im running 2 zx750's) i still get the other sub to move. and it has a punch behind it. kinda like its picking up a signal from the other subs magnet.

its also making a slapping noise, and idk wtf is wrong.

jus wondering in anyone has any input for me. does it hurt my subs to be too close?

and i also cant seem to get the amps to run evenly. one sub always picks up lows better than the other :/

HELP PLEASEEE

When you unhook one amp and just one sub is playing, the other probably moves a little due to air circulating at high velocities through the box and causing the cone of the other sub to move a little (kind of like a passive radiator).

As for the subs playing different, my GUESS is that they're in a common chamber, L ported box and one is having a loading issue while the other is loading off the port wall. That's just a spontaneous guess though.

The subs should be fine being that close together, although your box may need adjusting due to a loading issue. It's hard to tell without knowing what your box design looks like

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

But how did you set the gains? What did you use to determine where to set each gain? My guess is they aren't set the same and/or you have an unloading issue.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

When you unhook one amp and just one sub is playing, the other probably moves a little due to air circulating at high velocities through the box and causing the cone of the other sub to move a little (kind of like a passive radiator).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this sounds right