Beginner: Where to start?

K so up to this point I have always paid to have boxes built for me. Per a recommendation yesterday I am forgoing paying to have another box built. I am going to be building my own box and need tools to do so.

I plan on getting my wood cut for me at either Home Depot or a friends. Other than the cutting of wood what tools are 100% necessary I am trying to streamline and not spend insane amounts of money. I am moving my 15" btl from a giant ass tower of a box in my back seat to more of an armrest. I will be fiberglassing the inside of the box for support...as I have seen many people do it?. So I will also need recommendations on kinds of fiberglass to buy. I am currently thinking US Composites? because it seems its kinda all included(epoxy and catalyst).

So give me a check list as of now I am thinking:

-Power Drill

-Clamps

-Wood Glue

-Fiberglass(epoxy and catalyst)

-Sandpaper

Thanks for the help in advance...

I am pulling out my box tomorrow and starting a build thread to go along with the project as I will definitely need help

2004 F150 super crew

15" fi btl

Ma Audio hk4000d

You'll probably want screws and a screwdriver, carpet or paint or whatever you plan to coat the box with, wire strippers/cutters etc, soldering iron or wire connectors or whatever... You'll probably just end up going and buying what you need as you need it or you'll end up with an excess amount of stuff

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

thanks for the input.... I realllyyyyy wanna avoid power tools and saws..... primary reason being that I am currently living at home cuz I just graduated college. So I am in the Los Angeles area right now though I have some interviews lined up for Harrisburg and other places on the east cost coming up. I dont wanna have to have more shit to take with me or buy something just to leave it at home...

I plan on getting some thicker posterboard and then cut it and model it to a box and then get the wood cut accordingly

2004 F150 super crew

15" fi btl

Ma Audio hk4000d

cheap jigsaw would be under $30 if that

I HAVE seen ppl used weird contraptions tho, someone one here cut holes for his subs using scissors :rofl: he said "it took forever"

good luck cutting the wood then lol. especially the circles. not something i'd want to do by hand, even the straight cuts. i'd at least get a jigsaw. get crafty enough and you can do fairly straight lines. holes will be covered with a sub so not as important.

I HAVE seen ppl used weird contraptions tho, someone one here cut holes for his subs using scissors :rofl: he said "it took forever"

It'd probably be easier to just drill a ton of holes all the way around and then karate chop it out :rofl:

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

no way! lol some .05" MDF or what :rofl:

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK