Comparable HUs to the 9887?

Let me go look. Now this guy has me confused. Lol. And i owned one. Haha.

Brb

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Cant find any 800s for sale...does the 800 have USB? I dont see it in the photos and their site says you need a fucking adapter that needs to be wired in sperately for ipod use. Any insight on this?

For the both the DEH-P880PRS and DEH-P800PRS you need an external CD-UB100 adapter to use a USB drive.

For the IPod/IPhone you need the CD-IB100II.

This is from reading the instruction manuals and looking @ pics.

100_2349.jpg

:)

Edited by Grey_Fox

I looked. 800 is what you want. But no usb??? Man i could have sworn it had usb

Maybe i just had the ipod adapter.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I am getting old. And that was 5 years ago. Lol

I figured it out.

Was confusing the 800 with the 99prs i had.

Sorry

9887 is still an awesome deck and it has direct ipod.

I have a used 9887 with a temperamental CD player. Plays fine sometimes sometimes it gets stuck in a loop. No idea why. Everything else works fine. I used the Ipod all the time anyways so it didnt bother me. If your interested in it I would sell it. Going a different route with the new vehicle and dont need it anymore.

There are many that compare but my guess is you want something that can run active in a similar price range?

P80 is the most direct comparison.

step up gives you something like the

eclipse 7100 or the 7200MK11 with copper chassis

Similary classed as the MKII you get the Clarion D2 which gives you 3-way active plus sub.

My advise would be to get a double din and a controller or a double din with a build in controller. It will cost you a bit more but in the new techno age it goes a long way and you can use it for reverse camera when you wall that truck up and sat nav when you get lost with your girl and dont want to ask for directions.

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

There are many that compare but my guess is you want something that can run active in a similar price range?

P80 is the most direct comparison.

step up gives you something like the

eclipse 7100 or the 7200MK11 with copper chassis

Similary classed as the MKII you get the Clarion D2 which gives you 3-way active plus sub.

My advise would be to get a double din and a controller or a double din with a build in controller. It will cost you a bit more but in the new techno age it goes a long way and you can use it for reverse camera when you wall that truck up and sat nav when you get lost with your girl and dont want to ask for directions.

Well I drive a civic right now and a double din won't fit without fabrication, which I'd rather wait to do till I try my door panels and a pillars for some glassing practice.

Ray, so are you suggesting the 99prs or the 800 prs? And what's the point of the iPod control not being built in? Just not enough room in the brain or a more sophisticated system?

Hobby, shoot me a pm with pricing on it...I rarely use CDs and worse comes to worse I can use a cd changer. If you don't hit me up I'll shoot you a pm later. :drinks:

What year civic??

I figured it out.

Was confusing the 800 with the 99prs i had.

Sorry

9887 is still an awesome deck and it has direct ipod.

it has direct ipod when you buy the cord, then buy the other cord to allow it to charge newer ipods....stupid ass alpine.