i bet no one can figure this one out

i have tried everything from changing the fuse and fuse holder, checking and recleaning all my grounds even added 2 new ones, checked all my solder joints, checked the amp outside the car, charged the battery. whats happening is the car running reads 14.3 volts at the battery fuse and rear dis block. the second i hook the amp up and turn the cd player on the voltage at the dis block drops to 6 volts all the way to the fuse holder but at the battery it still reads 14.3 volts. heres some videos to show what is happening.

in this video the dis block is reading 14.3 volt with the car running when i put the power wire to it for the amp nothing happens and it drops to 6 volts again. the silver wire is hooked to a spare battery i grounded in the trunk.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v358/dubbedcorde/?action=view&current=0726112100.mp4

this video shows me testing at the fuse holder. it reads 6 volts yet at the end when i dropped the dmm it reads 14.3 at the battery.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v358/dubbedcorde/?action=view&current=0726112127.mp4

this is at the rear dis block with the car running 14.3 volt i touch the power wire to the amp with the cd player on and it shows it dropping to 6 volts.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v358/dubbedcorde/?action=view&current=0726112054.mp4

the car has the big 3 done with some extra grounds. it has 1 run of knu cca wire front to rear. its had 2 dif fuses under hood i changed them out testing. the batter is less then a month old its a Shuriken BT-20. im running a small battery up front since i will be adding 2 large batterys in the rear once my subs get here. the only thing i have not done is changed batterys under hood since the car runs, starts, and the battery tests good on a dmm even with the brights on the ac on and the car idleing it seems fine. anyone have any ideas im all ears i am confused to say the least

2001 gmc seirra

5.3 auto 3.73 locked rear, long tube headers, offroad y pipe, duals, cai, black bear tune, 2/4 drop, 22s, rockford fosgate mods and highs and 4 ab hd 15s and a ab 750.1

1995 civic

1.5 auto slower then hell, dropped on coil overs, ex hub caps, 2 12 trunk, have 450 bucks in the car and gets 35 mpg

1992 s10

being bagged, shaved, and small stereo. right now a pile of parts

amp works perfectly fine when hooked to a different battery. the only bad thing is this is my only amp i have layin around so i cant swap in a different one and try it. i still dont think theres a problem with the amp since it works fine on just battery power outside the car.

2001 gmc seirra

5.3 auto 3.73 locked rear, long tube headers, offroad y pipe, duals, cai, black bear tune, 2/4 drop, 22s, rockford fosgate mods and highs and 4 ab hd 15s and a ab 750.1

1995 civic

1.5 auto slower then hell, dropped on coil overs, ex hub caps, 2 12 trunk, have 450 bucks in the car and gets 35 mpg

1992 s10

amp works perfectly fine when hooked to a different battery. the only bad thing is this is my only amp i have layin around so i cant swap in a different one and try it. i still dont think theres a problem with the amp since it works fine on just battery power outside the car.

Have you tried taking that battery out of the car, along with the amp and hooking it up directly, to rule out anything else?

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Power wire grounding on the car somewhere. Replace your whole positive run if need be.

Check batteries on the DMM. :noob::good:

Does it still work alright or just terribly low voltage there? Could be a bad distro block as well...somethings keeping it from distributing right.

I also wouldnt hot switch shit into the car too much...you can fry shit like that.

i ran out of daylight to pull the battery and amp out and test it like that im planning it tomarrow after work. i did try the amp outside the car with a dif battery jut never took the one out of the car and tried it. and if the pos. run was grounding out there would be at least a small spark or a little wire meltage going on. also i did check the battery with a dmm watch the video man. the run of pos is less then 2 weeks old and is covered in loom the whole way from to back as well its a little stupid thing i do even in my truck all 4 runs is covered in loom. tomarrow i do plan on barrowing a amp from a buddy trying a different amp and if nothing else pulling the run of pos out and looking it over. i have all day after work tomarrow to work on it again i just ran out of light today. also with the amp hooked up outside the car it sounds just like it did the day i got it. so i really dont think its the amp but ive been wrong before

Edited by bmph8er

2001 gmc seirra

1995 civic

1992 s10

What about disconnecting the dist block and running the power straight to the amp to try and rule out the dist block? Just re-reading seems like that seems to be your problem. Or try and use the a different output on the dist block.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

also ya i forgot to put but i did remove the dis block and tried a dif one and tried without a dif block. but no i didnt get to check the imp from the bat and amp - my dmm doesnt do that to well its been tho hell somehow the only part that works right is the voltage part.

2001 gmc seirra

1995 civic

1992 s10