Jump to content

3-Way Component Speakers for fronts


TcKing2k08

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a 2008 Scion Tc with currently Alpine Type R 6.5 component speakers in the front doors. I am rebuilding the stereo system and want to do a 3-way system in the doors, after seeing the new '10 Tc from scion. Personally I would like to do an entire Alpine system and my thought were this. SPX-13Pros for the Tweets/midrange and the SWR-843D 8" for the mid-bass in the doors. Fronts powered by 3 PDX-F6 amps. Would this be a good 3-way set up? Or should I purchase a real set of 3-ways from another company and redesign/ decide on amps from that decision? If I should go with a different company for the 3-ways provide Makes/Models of the speakers. Thanks...

TcKing..

Posted

After making the change to active, I think that is the way to go. Pick out the three sizes you want and go from there. I'm sure dedicated 3-way passive systems sound good, but the crossovers steal some of your power. Do you have a budget?

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

No real budget. Just want a killer front stage, both in volume and clarity. I am partial to Alpine but if I have to leave the front speakers to another company to achieve great sound from the fronts in a 3-way set then I will.

Posted

My opinion is don't pick amps until you pick speakers, so you know what power you need. Never personally used PDX amps, so I can't give an opinion. Maybe someone that's used them will chime in.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

if your looking for sonic purity, i wouldnt run a class d amp for fronts. If you cant tell the diff then it wont matter either way.

hi energy xl with 3 are pretty awesome for a 3 way imo, so are milles though but the price is pretty different

Posted

After about 2 hours of researching. Chosen the Morel Elate 9 3-way system. Obviously it comes with the 9" mid-bass woofer 4" mid-range and the tweet. Placement of the speakers are going to be custom fabricated to be in the door panel. I don't want to obstruct the A-pillar airbag. Opinions?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 999 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...