Within the next couple months I'll need to get 2 new tires for my van.

first of all, good luck lol

16.5R 8.75LT theres no info about anything like 215 etc on them anywhere, the actual specs for tires in the drivers door say the 16.5x 8.75 I'm trying to keep as much original stuff I can with it for cruises.

If anyone happens to know some shops around the Pittsburgh Pa area, please send a Pm, these are getting hard to find... I've been looking around and only found 1 shop that "might" be able to get them, but they're not even close to being cheap.

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

you my friend have a half size witch is really uncommon, you get tires the same way basically as a normal size (for ex. 245/65/17) since is un common most shops will have to oreder them=not cheap

did u check tire rack? ill check it out and post back if i find any more info

most heavy duty trucks came with 16.5 in the late 80's through late 90's. You can still find them. They are ALL 75 series profile so they didn't put it on the tire.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Back in the day alot of them didn't have full sizes written out on the tire, they just used 8.75R16.5 or something of the sorts. You have a 16.5" wheel, you'll have to search online for a cross reference of that exact size though. Shouldn't be hard to find.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

hell yeah, thats what im talking about, the shop up town was tryin to suck out close to $350 per tire, at only $150 from that site, i should just get the 4 they have in stock when i get paid :D

thanks for all the help guys

its for my old 84 van

Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

fawk that, atleast they are available

:drinks:

EDIT: Derrick bought tires for his teg from there i think, but its a good place to get them at. sucks if u have to pay shipping on them but there is only a few warehouses in the nation. i happen to live 5minutes from one :)

Edited by BeatBox

just thinking, if i ever wanted to switch over to the 16s, anyone have a guess on the price of converting it over? tires keep gettin harder to find each year, itd be damn hard to keep most parts stock for cruises if i cant find them

edit- shipping couldnt be THAT bad compared to the price the shop wanted for each

just checked shipping would be $16.80 each

Edited by Grelko

depending on what u want to go with as far as wheels, if u wanna stay with steel wheels then they arent bad at all on price. something like this V V V V V is only like $60 bucks a wheel (black/chrome/white)

UniqueWheelSeries42HeavyDutyBlackS.jpg

UniqueWheelSeries27EightSpokeChromeS.jpg

UniqueWheelSeries21EightSpokeWhiteS.jpg

then tire wise they will prob start in the $130 ish price range for the LT kind

id hook u up, come down to discount tire lol

depending on what u want to go with as far as wheels, if u wanna stay with steel wheels then they arent bad at all on price. something like this V V V V V is only like $60 bucks a wheel (black/chrome/white)

UniqueWheelSeries42HeavyDutyBlackS.jpg

UniqueWheelSeries27EightSpokeChromeS.jpg

UniqueWheelSeries21EightSpokeWhiteS.jpg

then tire wise they will prob start in the $130 ish price range for the LT kind

id hook u up, come down to discount tire lol

the black rims would look good since im painting the van black after its patched up, hell, i think the last rim i bought for it was around $150+ i could swear it was used, lol man id take a road trip if it wasn't almost $200 to fill the old beast up "43 gallon tank"