Second Skin Audio

Sony Xplod 10"

rk21875

Just to be fair, I never really bashed sony to begin with, maybe in my later posts. It was his sub specifically: I have seen what his sub can do personally, and it isn't much. ANYWAY...

OP, just to get this thread back on track, Run decent power if you expect any real life out of that sub. And make sure your electrical is up to par. There's lots of threads you can read that everyone doesn't go out on tangents because of one little comment one dork said. The one's you should read are the sticky threads on each subject.

Good Luck!

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

You are right, I am definitely not louder. But the OP isn't running the same subs as that guy you're talking about. not even close.

on the other side, he did only spend 47 bucks on the sub. He knows he's not getting a lot out of it, and so do we. I'm just giving the guy a hard time. We knock well known brands so it encourages this guy to think about his next purchase, and maybe do some real research on it. No one that does real research buys sony gear. Did this guy who bassraced Sony gear actually pull cash out of his own pocket or was he sponsored?

Without knowing a damn thing about this guy, I'd say he's someone who was hired to make Sony gear look good. It's almost all in the build. Almost.

EDIT: in before vacation LOL

You dont know what this guy was running and wouldnt have even through about it until derrick said something about the subs that oki was running. How do you know that this sub wont be what this guy wants? Maybe he just wants a little bass in his car and nothing extreme so why would he need to do more research if this would work well for him? As far as price goes we all know that people get subs at different prices, I can tell you right now you call 8 dc reps and you are going to get 8 different prices. As far as the last quote goes, he paid for SOME of the equiptment not all, but wtf does it matter, he took son subs and amps and make that vehicle loud as hell! Period! I can tell you right now Sony didn't hire him, and if they did what difference would it make? ALL companies do that, from Rockford down to DC. I know some folks that have paid less than $100 bucks for a fully working, fully loaded btl.

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

who FUCKING cares about a guy who bassraces louder than us using sony equipment. thats not the point. help the guy out, as some of us have, instead of bashing everything.

This post furthers proves how much of a JACKASS you are and how your are unable to comprehend what the hell you are reading. For one I have not bashed a single product in this post and two, like Derrick said, it was to say that just because someone uses a lower end brand doesn't mean they can't get loud.

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I'm running to walmart real quick, does anybody need me to pick up Midol, Pamprin, or tampons?

Sweet Jesus let's get back on track....

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

to the op you have been given some good advise in this thread. Overlook the jackasses that post stupid stuff, and good luck on finding your amp that suites your need.

You are right, I am definitely not louder. But the OP isn't running the same subs as that guy you're talking about. not even close.

on the other side, he did only spend 47 bucks on the sub. He knows he's not getting a lot out of it, and so do we. I'm just giving the guy a hard time. We knock well known brands so it encourages this guy to think about his next purchase, and maybe do some real research on it. No one that does real research buys sony gear. Did this guy who bassraced Sony gear actually pull cash out of his own pocket or was he sponsored?

Without knowing a damn thing about this guy, I'd say he's someone who was hired to make Sony gear look good. It's almost all in the build. Almost.

You dont know what this guy was running and wouldnt have even through about it until derrick said something about the subs that oki was running. How do you know that this sub wont be what this guy wants? Maybe he just wants a little bass in his car and nothing extreme so why would he need to do more research if this would work well for him? As far as price goes we all know that people get subs at different prices, I can tell you right now you call 8 dc reps and you are going to get 8 different prices. As far as the last quote goes, he paid for SOME of the equiptment not all, but wtf does it matter, he took son subs and amps and make that vehicle loud as hell! Period! I can tell you right now Sony didn't hire him, and if they did what difference would it make? ALL companies do that, from Rockford down to DC. I know some folks that have paid less than $100 bucks for a fully working, fully loaded btl.

Sure, we all know that it's the build that makes up 80% of the system. The OP just wanted advise and I gave him some and, yes, I gave him a hard time. But I'm right, he needs to run clean power to get the most out of his sub. If he builds the right enclosure and has the right electrical, he will suprise the hell out of anyone who gets in his car and finds out he's running entry level sony.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Sure, we all know that it's the build that makes up 80% of the system. The OP just wanted advise and I gave him some and, yes, I gave him a hard time. But I'm right, he needs to run clean power to get the most out of his sub. If he builds the right enclosure and has the right electrical, he will suprise the hell out of anyone who gets in his car and finds out he's running entry level sony.

I will not disagree with what you said "after" yes, I gave him a hard time. In fact I totally agree with you! I would have rather you given him the advise without the hard time on what sub he was running

Does anyone know a good amp i can buy for the sony xplod 10" subwoofer?

please someone point out where in this post does he say hes trying to get loud or wanting to enter his shit into compitions cause thats what yall are making it out to be all he is askin is for a decent amp for his sub maybe hes not in this for the loud maybe he just wants a little bit of bass in his ride its not always about being the loudest or what ur running for some people its the simple fact that they want a little bit of bass in there ride

This post furthers proves how much of a JACKASS you are and how your are unable to comprehend what the hell you are reading. For one I have not bashed a single product in this post and two, like Derrick said, it was to say that just because someone uses a lower end brand doesn't mean they can get loud.

dont call me a jackass, first off. secondly, i understand your point of getting loud with sony products, and thats just fine and dandy, more power to them. i never said that low end brands cant get loud, hell im one of the few people in this thread that actually helped him with his problem. when i get mad (i have anger problems, as you slightly see) i tend to not re-read what i typed out and i instantly hit Reply.

Archived