Sonic Electronix

Someone with REAL aeroport experience

I want to try my first aeroport box but can't decide what is enough port area. Before anyone says it YES I have done research before I made this but I want more opinions. This will not be made for numbers just daily beating with the ability to sound good with a wide range of music. I was thinking 7 cubic feet net, 2 6" ports tuned to 34-35 hz. Any opinions?

Equipment is 2 Audioque HDC3 15s and a Lanzar opti 6k

TDH FTW !!!

If they are flared, they are more efficient than tubes, which are still more efficient than slot ports, 2 6s should be fine. Remember, there are rule of thumb for sq in of port but truly you need to base it off of cone area and displacement. I used 3 4in for 1 15 and it did great. I might go with 3 6s if you could make it work, but I think 2 6s will do.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

based on the PSP aeroport calc, both of those aero's would need to be ~15 inches long (including flare) in order to result in a 34 hz tuning.

ps. aeros sound MUCH better than slot ports IMO (if done right)

GeekSquad Lead Autotech

MECP Advanced Certified Installer

2016 Ford Mustang S550

Stock system for now..

Honestly not enough port area in my opinion. With 2 6's and 7 cubes your looking at 8.07sqin per cuft. My box that I run the equiptment in my sig is at a ratio of 11.59sqin per cuft and plays anything from 30-60hz loud and clean. If you want my honest opinion I'd do 6 4" ports in your setup as well. Iirc the aeros at partsexpress are $12.50 each when you buy 4 or more so that's $75 for all 6. Where as the 6" ports are $38 each, so $76 for two of them as well. I'm very sure that the 4" ports are going to be louder and I actually did a box in my car setup that way for 2 15's.

I ran 2 Nightshade 15's in 7.2 cubes after displacement. Then used the 6 4" aeros tuning the box to 37hz. They were powered by a pair of Sundown saz3500's, and did a best score in that box of a 153.1 on the dash sealed at 42hz. This was my daily box for the longest time and I still have it sitting in my garage portless. I have some pics of it if you wanna see. I did happen to run it different then most anyone that I've seen but this was the loudest way, which was subs firing back at the hatch with the ports firing up at the roof.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

what do you guys think will work for a 18 in a 5-6 CBF box tuned to around 32hz daily pounder

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

Honestly not enough port area in my opinion. With 2 6's and 7 cubes your looking at 8.07sqin per cuft. My box that I run the equiptment in my sig is at a ratio of 11.59sqin per cuft and plays anything from 30-60hz loud and clean. If you want my honest opinion I'd do 6 4" ports in your setup as well. Iirc the aeros at partsexpress are $12.50 each when you buy 4 or more so that's $75 for all 6. Where as the 6" ports are $38 each, so $76 for two of them as well. I'm very sure that the 4" ports are going to be louder and I actually did a box in my car setup that way for 2 15's.

I ran 2 Nightshade 15's in 7.2 cubes after displacement. Then used the 6 4" aeros tuning the box to 37hz. They were powered by a pair of Sundown saz3500's, and did a best score in that box of a 153.1 on the dash sealed at 42hz. This was my daily box for the longest time and I still have it sitting in my garage portless. I have some pics of it if you wanna see. I did happen to run it different then most anyone that I've seen but this was the loudest way, which was subs firing back at the hatch with the ports firing up at the roof.

Great info, I would love to see a pic of that box with the 6 4" ports. My box will be going in an 01 S-10 extended cab, subs and ports facing up. Did you use any 45s in your box?

I actually already have 3 4" kits that I got from Parts Express a couple of years ago and never used so I would only need 3 more

TDH FTW !!!

whats considered the best way for port / sub to fire in a extended cab? i got a 91 sonoma and right now its firing at the driver side and subs up. sorry to thread jack

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

whats considered the best way for port / sub to fire in a extended cab? i got a 91 sonoma and right now its firing at the driver side and subs up. sorry to thread jack

Sub(s) and port up(driver side) is what I've found to be the loudest so far. I tried sub up port firing to the passenger side but haven't tried firing to the driver side

TDH FTW !!!