Sonic Electronix

OKay I've seen tons of people with crazy car audio systems, they park it, roll down the window, some chick pops her head in and her hair goes everywhere. I understand that the subwoofers move so much air that th windows act like a giant port hole, but I was wondering If a subwoofer has a looser suspension would it be easier to acheive a hairtrick as opposed to a subwoofer with a tight suspension? I'm just a student trying to learn everything I can. Any help is appreciated.

Basshead-in-Training

i forget whether the stiffer or looser suspension lowers the resonant frequency but to do hair tricks you want to be playing low with low tuning and lots of port area

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

From what i've been told (someone correct me if i'm wrong) but I heard it was over a 150 db under like 35hz and you have great hairtricks. I would assume a higher excursion subwoofer would be better for hairtricks as it would move more air. I'm not sure about the stiffness of the driver though. But I assume a looser suspension would be better because a subwoofer gets louder and plays lower as it breaks in. Again correct me if i'm wrong

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

No subwoofer can "play the lowest".

You need cone area and power.

I've seen a guy do a 50hz hairtrick.

But he had 8 15's and ~11k in a Chrysler 300c

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I can do a small hair trick and seriously don't know how, but only works with that low note in white girl and my boxed is tuned to 32Hz

To your question though, it makes sense that it would help a lot to have a looser suspension as it'll displace air more easily. But I don't know that for a fact.

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

okay but I'm talking about a hairtrick with minimal subwoofer power. I'm not talking about a crazy hairtick with 8 18s and a weak hairtrick with 2 18s. I'm talking if you took Steve Meade for example his tahoe has 4 18s and so many watts on those woofers. If another setup at the same frequency produced the same hairtrick, with 4 18s and less power. But say the subwoofers were able to move more air but with less sound pressure levels. thats what I mean.

Basshead-in-Training

I don't really follow what your getting at, but i think what you mean to ask isn't easy to accomplish if possible at least not at the same frequency and with less power.

Edited by 7jezuz7

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png