Sonic Electronix

okay basically, can you move the same amount of air, with the same power, at the same frequency, with two woofers with equal cone area, but one has a tight suspension and one has a loose one, will the one with the looser suspension move more air?

Basshead-in-Training

Let's make this easier for all of us. What subs are you running.

I have two Memphis audio 12" subs that are rated 600 watts rms I dont have the exact model number. I'm putting them in a single cab w/ sealed boxes. I'm far from a hairtrick I was wondering if I got different subs on the same setup (amps wires bats caps wires) would they possibly move more air depending on the subwoofer.

Basshead-in-Training

I've heard 2 MA 12"s sealed in a single cab on that power ~600 each and it's okay but no hairtricks there. It's loud but pressure/air movement wise, it didn't have much.

Edit: and well on the same amp and wiring I'd cut up he truck for a blowthrough and test a lot to see what works best.

Edited by 7jezuz7

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

im doing pretty good hair tricks with my 2 18s in a walled civic. The subs are only seeing 1100-1400 each and will do hair tricks from 25hz to 40hz

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

I understand that I'm quite a few build away from a haitrick. But do you understand what I'm tryin to say? If I got different more expensive subwoofers would they move more air? Say if I had a 12" sony xplod that were rated at 600wrms and a 12" sundown audio sub that is also rated 600wrms, which would move more air in two identical setups(I'm not talking hairtrick)? By the way this will be the last setup for now as i hope to get a different truck that has an extended cab, so I'm thinking maybe some sort of wall, maybe a blowthrough, if my budget, and experience allow it.

Basshead-in-Training

I understand that I'm quite a few build away from a haitrick. But do you understand what I'm tryin to say? If I got different more expensive subwoofers would they move more air? Say if I had a 12" sony xplod that were rated at 600wrms and a 12" sundown audio sub that is also rated 600wrms, which would move more air in two identical setups(I'm not talking hairtrick)? By the way this will be the last setup for now as i hope to get a different truck that has an extended cab, so I'm thinking maybe some sort of wall, maybe a blowthrough, if my budget, and experience allow it.

If you dont want to/cant pull a hairtrick what does it matter what sub moves more air? It all comes down to the design of the box anyhow, id go with whatever sounds best/loudest and save up for a wall or blowthrough build to get some hair tricks going....

:good:

the 150 dbs for a hairtrick it´s a myth, my swift does some big hairtricks and it´s only doing a 147 @ 33 hz right now, i also did some nice hairtricks with 3 10´s and 2000 watts wich barely hit a 145 @ 35 hz. Now, 2 12´s and a sealed box is not gonna do a hairtrick, iirc you said you have an extended cab, i would do subs forward/port up, box as big as you can go with those subs (i dunno anything about them tho) and tuned very low, should at least move some air :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

What the hell are you saying.

Lol. I thought the same thing

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)