how does a bussbar work

ive been seeing this bus bar all around since i 1st saw steve do it in his tahoe. i was just wondering how it worked and what specifications do i need to have one. and how would i go about installing it. and what benefits does it have over a standard fuse block

A bus bar is just a piece of copper or aluminum that screws into the terminals of one or more batteries, and presumably has many threaded holes in it to run wires for amps, etc. A bus bar between several positive or negative terminals has its advantages over running 1/0 between them...fewer wire terminals/solder points, less resistance, etc.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

ive been seeing this bus bar all around since i 1st saw steve do it in his tahoe. i was just wondering how it worked and what specifications do i need to have one. and how would i go about installing it. and what benefits does it have over a standard fuse block

It's a piece of metal that you attach your leads to.

I mean, I guess the metal makes one better than another, but that's all I can think of.

well a bus bar and a fuse block is different, fuse blocks have wire going to them, busbars are connected to the battery terminals... you still want a fuse block even with a busbar

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

A bus bar is just a piece of copper or aluminum that screws into the terminals of one or more batteries, and presumably has many threaded holes in it to run wires for amps, etc. A bus bar between several positive or negative terminals has its advantages over running 1/0 between them...fewer wire terminals/solder points, less resistance, etc.

so u screw it to your batteries or the car. and is it a danger of shock since its exposed. sorry if these questions r dumb. but im new to doing this myself lol

It should only make contact with your battery terminals. Horrible things would happen if the positive bus bar were to contact the car's body.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

CIMG0845.jpg

busbars

and fuse block area

CIMG0846.jpg

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

It should only make contact with your battery terminals. Horrible things would happen if the positive bus bar were to contact the car's body.

Dang is that yours. Thats sweet. Kinetik batteries. ok. and u just run the 1/0 wire to the end of 1 terminal and the ground to the other.

I actually have that thing grounded 7 times, 1 per batt, and 3 at the very end of it, on the opposite side of the positive

and when you run the power wire from the busbar to the amp, ground it on the opposite side of where your grounds are, and put the power on the opposite side of where the powers are..

if that helps

Team DC Audio

ok yes that helps a lot. thanks. you seem like u know what you are talking about. ive been looking into the kinetik batteries. r they better than optima yellow top. or is it a matter of preference. thanks again for helping me.