Second Skin Audio

Need sugestions

building a box under my rear seat in my 04 ram 1500 quad cab i have measured it around 2.5 usable cubic feet. i bought 2 kicker L7 8" dual 2 ohm subs and going to wire them 2 ohm to a mtx 1501D i downloaded winISD Pro and at 2.5 cubic foot ported it recomends 2 3"x1"x6"deep ports. i just want to have a loud but acurate box. not sure if im using the program properly i've always used term pros box building program and it's been a while since ive done a new box. i greatly apreciate the help. i know bigger subs and more amps would be better but have a kid to be born in a week or two and had to down size to make car seat fit without problems. i know there is many talented people on here that could make a box with my demensions amazingly loud and accurate.so please help me. :)

That would only give you 6sqin of port, or 2.4 per cube I believe. You will need much more than that. I cannot comment on a design or suggestion, as I have never used the L7 8" before. Just wanted to point out that bit about your port area.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Supercharged is right. You're gonna need between 10-14 square inches of port are for the L7 8' s. If you have max dimensions shoot me a pm and ill help you out.

Have you considered sealed enclosures due to your space limitations?

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I have an '04 quad cab myself...very happy after removing the rear seats. :D 2 18's or three 15's under the window line, no problem.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

I'm actualy at the hospital waiting for my first to be born right now.

Congratulations man!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Congrats. For ported boxes you want 12-16 sq inches of port area per cubic foot of interior volume.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)