Second Skin Audio

Building A sub box for Kicker Cvr 15

Yes I know, why would I waste my time on building a bigger box for only one 15 kicker cvr. But I figure it would be a easier choice than spending more money on a different sub. My plan is building a box with the sub on top UpFiring but the vent on the front of the box firing toward the drivers and passengers seat. I figure the best size that will fit well and still be removable after a few bolt removed and 3 strong guys would be a 32in wide 32in long and 20in tall. I would like to add some interal bracing for a sub that Im waiting to buy later on. I would like to have braces on the outside vent piece and brace on first corner of vent. I figure the box will be roughly 5.5 to 6 cubic feet. The only thing I do not understand is how to make vented like that!!! the only other Idea that came to mind is a box like steave meades but for one 15. Please Help me Understand how to build this box!!!

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

What vehicle, what will be powering it, and what are your goals?

Jeep Wrangler with a hardtop. Crappy Power Akoustics BAMF 2000/1 Class D Rated 900 RMS at 2 Ohms. Just Louder because I've just recently built a Rad Audio tube for my jeep with six 5 1/4 Kicker KS 2ways and now the bass has faded away. Ive Have 4 Bullet Tweeters, six 5 1/4s, two 4s and 4 6x9s. Running Bigger Alternator with dual Batteries.

Later on Id Like to Update the sub to a different brand of sub, maybe Fosgate T2. But it will not happen until School is out and I start my full time job again. In a few weeks I will be laid off due to school starting and Will start work when graduation is over in 2012.

Edited by bassaholicsfl

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

:help: Come on people, all I am asking is how do I build this to where the sub is upfiring to the roof and the vent is bottom vented on the floor firing at the rear gate or front seats of my jeep :noob::sigh: Edited by bassaholicsfl

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

Well I figured it out my self now. Now I need someone to help me figure out what will the box be tuned to, the internal cubic feet, and the correct vent size. the externals are going to be 34 width 20 hieght 32 long. The subs Facia plate will be inset about 1/4in, Materials are going to be 3/4 medium density fiberboard.

Im not sure on internal bracing and how to do it so thats out of the question. I seen a very Unqiue box with a rebel flag facia. On this idea I'm going to do the facia for the sub in mossy oak, the rest of the box is either going to be Black denim, or black vinyl and vent side will have custom stitching with my future business name on box(In spare time I've installed Suspension lift kits and custom fabrication lift kits, Head units, Fiberglass boxes for double din head units with Horn mounts on side).

Anyway back on topic Can someone please give me some information on internal cubic feet correct vent size. and on the external measurements or what you would think would be best for a jeep wrangler sub box this large tuned too.

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

No lol still not correct. Remember your multiply inches not feet!!!!

i did multiply inches and after multiplying the dimensions of the box, you divide by 1728 inches to figure out what the cubic feet of the box is, because 1728 inches is equal to 1 cuft

and if i were multiplying by ft it would be like this

34 / 12 = 2.833

32 / 12 = 2.667

20 / 12 = 1.667

2.833 x 2.667 x 1.667 = 12.59

so multiply the inches or the ft of the external dimensions results in the same outcome, what am i doing wrong, cause if i am, let me know

Edited by kynto