TLEJ Posted August 8, 2011 Author Report Posted August 8, 2011 You actually linked to the other bike I was talking about But wow, didn't see this one.. http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/2515765811.html But I think it's to late, looks like he's in GA. I emailed him anyways though.
CleanSierra Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 I think when you get ready, you need to take someone with you that knows bikes well. You need to check sprockets, chain, clutch adjustment, and a few other items. I know 727 already mentioned this(I think it was him), but it was great advice. You need someone to make sure you're not buying a turd. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 And typically title issues=shady turd. *Edit: I know title issues have been addressed already. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
TLEJ Posted August 8, 2011 Author Report Posted August 8, 2011 I think when you get ready, you need to take someone with you that knows bikes well. You need to check sprockets, chain, clutch adjustment, and a few other items. I know 727 already mentioned this(I think it was him), but it was great advice. You need someone to make sure you're not buying a turd. I agree, I just don't have any close friends that ride.. Not even mutual ones. The only thing I could think of was to take it to a shop and have them check it out.. but idk how I'd do that without buying it first.
727Designs Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 I think when you get ready, you need to take someone with you that knows bikes well. You need to check sprockets, chain, clutch adjustment, and a few other items. I know 727 already mentioned this(I think it was him), but it was great advice. You need someone to make sure you're not buying a turd. I agree, I just don't have any close friends that ride.. Not even mutual ones. The only thing I could think of was to take it to a shop and have them check it out.. but idk how I'd do that without buying it first. Find out where he can meet you, and find a bike shop close by. Have him meet you there and ask them to look it over. It's not unusual for someone to find a bike on craigslist and bring it by our shop for us to check out before they buy it. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
CleanSierra Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 I agree with the above. If you have to get buddy buddy with one of the techs or parts guys(if you feel they know their shit) to look at it on his own time and throw 40 bucks his way Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
TLEJ Posted August 8, 2011 Author Report Posted August 8, 2011 I asked him about it. Awaiting a response. I'm talking about the bike missing the fairings.
727Designs Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 I asked him about it. Awaiting a response. I'm talking about the bike missing the fairings. Look at the ones I linked. Specifically the 04 SV650 and the 07 GS500. A little more cash, but nicer newer bikes. Still under 3k. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
TLEJ Posted August 8, 2011 Author Report Posted August 8, 2011 I've only got 2,000 to spend. On everything, and I can't see myself making 1000 anytime soon. I sold just bout everything that's worth something.
727Designs Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 I've only got 2,000 to spend. On everything, and I can't see myself making 1000 anytime soon. I sold just bout everything that's worth something. Alot of the bike world is like the car audio world, you get what you pay for. There's a good chance you buy a cheaper bike you'll be dropping money in it soon to fix something, and you'll be out more anyway. That 07 GS500 is $2,700 for an 07 bike with 10k miles comes with helmet, has new tires, etc. It'd be worth the extra cash. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.